Confusing verbs in exercises
The aim of this sheet is to provide English teachers with some practical material on such verbs as rise/raise, remember/remind, say/tell, worry/bother/excite, etc. which are often confused by pupils.
The mentioned above confusing verbs are met not only in everyday school activities but in testing as well.
We hope that the set of exercises will help teachers and pupils to overcome difficulties in using them.
Each exercise has got a short explanation note to be read and memorized beforehand. As for the keys we advise to use authentic monolingual dictionaries because to our mind all successful learners achieve efficiency and better results mainly through self-studying.
Here is the list of dictionaries:
- Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English 5th Edition Updated
- Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary 7th edition
- Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners 2nd edition
- Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary 2nd edition
- Collins Cobuild 5th edition