1. Is there any correspondence between physical appearance and people’s personality?
2. Is beauty only a physical quality?
3. Do you think beautiful people are generally happier?
4. Is beauty more important for men or women?
2. English is the language of modern international communication.
1. Do you think English spelling rules should be changed?
2. Should the number of borrowings from the English language be limited in any way?
3. Do you think the idea of artificial languages like Esperanto has any future?
4. What is the second most important language after English?
3. Family ties are the strongest.
1. Is the family ever likely to disappear as an institution?
2. Should the father or the mother be the head of the family?
3. Do your parents try to influence your relationships with your friends?
4. What is the right age to get married?
4. Honesty is the best policy.
1. Do you think ‘white’ lies can be justified?
2. Do you think boys cheat more than girls?
3. Do you think software pirating can be stopped?
4. What excuses do you usually give not to do something?
5. Work is a necessity. No worker goes to work because he likes it.
1. What would be the most boring and the most exciting job for you?
2. Does being a housewife count as a job?
3. If you had enough money never to have to work again, would you stop working?
4. What advice would you give someone who’s about to go to a job interview?
6. Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself.
1. Do you ever do something for nothing?
2. What kind of relationships do you have wkh your next door neighbours?
3. Do you ever take revenge on someone who has mistreated you?
4. When was the last time someone was unkind to you?
7. Hardships in life only make us stronger.
1. Do you think you are prepared for serious hardships in life?
2. Who do you turn to when you are in trouble?
3. Have you ever helped anyone in a really difficult situation?
4. How can one achieve success in life?
8. East and west — home is best.
1. Have you ever been homesick?
2. Do you think people of different nationalities feel at home in Belarus?
3. What do you think unites people most — their nationality, common language or religion?
4. What makes your home homely?
9. Generation gap between parents and children is inevitable.
1. What are your relationships with your parents like?
2. Why is adolescence considered to be a difficult age?
3. What makes a good parent?
4. Were you naughty as a child?
10. So many men so many minds.
1. Who or what can influence your opinion?
2. Is there a person whose opinion you would never question?
3. Does your opinion usually coincide with the majority?
4. Do you think mass media can form public opinion?
11. A change is as good as rest.
1. What is your idea of a perfect holiday?
2. Have you ever tried to change your lifestyle?
3. What is the most tiring activity for you?
4. What is the most relaxing activity for you?
12. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
1. Who is your best friend?
2. What does it take to be a faithful friend?
3. Are your parents your friends?
4. What common interests do you have with your friends?
13. Money makes the world go round.
1. What place does money occupy in your value system?
2. What would you rather be — rich or famous?
3. If you were rich, how would you use your money?
4. What would you never do for love or money?
14. Better late than never.
1. Have you ever felt that you have missed your opportunities
2. How do you see yourself in ten years’ time?
3. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
4. What things do you usually put off as long as possible?
15. An inch of gold cannot buy an inch of time.
1. Are you a time-conscious person?
2. What are the greatest time-wasters nowadays?
3. How do you occupy yourself in your free time?
4. How do you usually plan your day?
16. Knowledge is power.
1. Is the traditional book beginning to lose ground as compared to other sources of knowledge?
2. What is the best kind of qualification in the modern day world?
3. How has the information technology changed the lives of people?
4. What are the drawbacks of the information age we live in?
17. Seeing once is better than hearing a hundred times.
1. What exotic places would you like to travel to?
2. What’s the best way to travel and why?
3. Do you prefer to travel alone or with a companion?
4. Have you ever experienced a culture shock when visiting another country?
18. You are what you eat.
1. Do you have a sweet tooth?
2. How would you describe a healthy diet?
3. What’s your favourite dish?
4. How often do you eat out?
19. Better unborn than untaught?
1. Do you think home schooling should be allowed in Belarus?
2. What do you leam from your parents that you don’t from your teachers?
3. Is it important for a teacher to have a sense of humour?
4. Can you call your school your second home?
20. Health is better than wealth.
1. What do you do to keep fit?
2. What do you think would be the greatest breakthrough in medicine?
3. Will people live longer or shorter in the next century?
4. What is the most frequent cause of diseases?
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.