Предлагаю вашему вниманию материалы районных олимпиад для среднего звена.
Надеюсь, они будут интересны и полезны для вас. Итак, 2008 год. 4, 5, 6 классы
Form 4. Lexical Grammar Test
I. Choose the correct variant:
1. He is/are a good teacher.
2. She have/has got fair hair and blue eyes.
3. Maria and Anna is/are students.
4. Alison has/have a lot of friends.
5. How am/are you?
II. Put at, to, on, or in:
1. Do you live … Mogilev?
2. I met my Mary … a party.
3. We had breakfast… garden.
4. I didn’t go …school yesterday.
5. I was … work all day on Saturday.
III. Choose the correct variant:
a) Do you know the answer?
b) Are you knowing the answer?
a) Please be quiet! I am reading a very interesting book.
b) Please be quiet! I read a very interesting book.
a) Tom is always getting up at 7.00.
b) Tom always gets up at 7.00.
а) Mike plays in the garden with Mary.
b) Mike is playing in the garden with Mary.
a) I wash my hair now.
b) I am washing my hair now.
IV. Complete the sentences using there is, there are, is there, are there:
1 … four girls and two boys in her family.
2 … a good restaurant in this street?
3 … six shops in town.
4 … a lot of children in the garden?
5 … three rooms in our flat
V. Make these sentences into questions:
1. She speaks English well.
2. Sam opened the window.
3. I eat too much, doctor.
4. George walked to school.
5. There is a garden near our school.
VI. Correct the mistakes:
1. Helens hair are long
2. She do а lot of homework in the evening.
3. I am often singing in the shower.
4. Jim weren’t at home last night.
5. Is these Ann’s books?
6. Did you went to America last summer?
Form 4 Listening Comprehension. (Текст достаточно известный, часто встречался в разных отечественных учебниках) A rich American travelled all over the world with his family. One day he came with his children to Great Britain. They went to different places and the American always bought them something they liked and asked for. One day they came to the English Zoo. His sons were bad children. They ran, jumped and cried loudly and frightened the animals all day. They also gave food to the animals. In the evening they told their father, «We like the Zoo. Buy it for us!» The American asked the Zookeeper, «How much does the Zoo cost? My children like il very much. I want to buy the Zoo.» «We are not going to sell it, but we can buy children for the Zoo,» was the answer.
Listening Comprehension Test.
I. Mark as true or false.
1. A rich American travelled all over the world with his family.
2. His sons were very good children.
3. The children didn’t like the Zoo.
4. The Zookeeper bought children for the Zoo.
II. Choose the correct ending.
1. One day the American came to … a) Great Britain. b) America
2. In the Zoo the children… a) danced and sang songs b) cried loudly and frightened the animals
3. In the evening the children asked his father to… a) buy the Zoo. b) buy the Zookeeper.
4. The American wanted to buy the Zoo for … a) his children. b) his brother.
III. Choose the correct answer.
1. Who did the American travel with?
a) The American travelled with his family.
b) The American travelled with his brother.
2. Why did the American ask about the price of the Zoo?
a) The American asked about the price of the Zoo because it was very big and nice.
b) The American asked about the price of the Zoo because he wanted to buy it.
3. What did the Zookeeper answer?
a) The Zookeeper answered «We are not going to sell it, but we can buy children for the Zoo.»
b) The Zookeeper answered «We are not going to sell it, but we can sell some animals for you.»
Form 5 Listening Comprehension
Mr. Hughes lived 20 kilometers from London, and his office was in the City. He went to work by train and bus at 8.00 in the morning and got home at 7.10 in the evening. It rains a lot in England, and Mr. Hughes usually took an umbrella with him to London, but he often lost umbrellas. He lost them in buses, trains and shops. His wife often said, «Umbrellas are expensive, David, and you buy one every week Bring this one home this evening!» One evening Mr. Hughes left the train with an umbrella in his-hand. His wile saw him when he came home and started to laugh, «But, David,» she said, «you have not taken an umbrella with you this morning. That one isn’t yours!»
Form 5 Listening Comprehension Test
I. Write down whether the following statements are true or false.
1. Mr. Hughes lived twelve kilometers from London.
2. It doesn’t rain a lot in England.
3. Mr. Hughes always brought his umbrella home.
4. Mrs. Hughes did not want him to bring umbrellas.
II. Finish the sentences using the given variant.
1. Mr Hughes lived 20 km from a. Liverpool b. London с Manchester
2. He went to work by a. train b. train and bus с car
3. Mr Hughes usually took an with him to London. a. suitcase b. documents с umbrella
4. His office was in a. The City b. The West End с The East End
III. Complete the sentences.
1. His office was in the …
2. Mr. Hughes got home at …
3. Mr. Hughes often lost …
4. His wife often said: «Umbrellas are … «.
5. When his wife saw him one evening she started …
Form 5 Lexical Grammar Test
I. Choose the right variant.
1 … it snow last month?
a) Is b) Does c) Did d) Will
2. — Look! Why … so quickly? — Can’t you see? Because he… a race.
a) is he running/runs b) is he running/is running c) does he run/runs d) does he runs/run
3. My mother usually … tea for breakfast.
a) have b) has c) is having d) haves
4. We friends …. for 3 years.
a) are being b) have been c) are d) were
5. She … this picture since 1999.
a) has b) had c) has had d) haves had
II. Mark the sentences complete.
1. There … fruit juice at home. a) is much b) had c) are many d) is any
2. There … salt in the soup. a) isn’t any b)aren’t much c) is any d) isn’t some
3. Are there … apples on the table? a) any b) some c) an d) no
4. There … money in my pocket. a) is some b) are some c) are any d) is any
5. — Is there any brown bread on sale? a) Yes, it is. b)No, there is. c) Yes, there isn’t.
d) No, there isn’t.
III. Put in the right article where it is necessary.
1) What … good advice! a) a b) the c) —
2) She said it in … very quiet voice. a) the b) a c) —
3) She went to … hospital to visit her friend. a) — b) the с) а
4) … most beautiful lake in Russia is … Lake Baikal. a) the/- b) the/the c) a/ —
5) … book on the shelf is my book. a) the b) a c) —
IV. Complete the sentences choosing the right preposition.
1. Is sport popular (with/among) your friends?
2. Do you go (to/in for) swimming?
3. Have you ever stayed (in/at) the hotel?
4. He doesn’t like listen (-/to) music.
5. She likes to play (on/-) the piano.
V. Put 5 questions to each of the following sentences.
1. My friend often comes to me on Sundays.
2. Last year I met an interesting person.
Form 6 Listening Comprehension
It was a very foggy day in London. The fog was so thick that it was impossible to see more than a foot or so. Buses, cars and taxies were not able to run and were standing by the side of the road. People were trying to find their way about on foot but were losing their way in the fog. Mr Smith had a very important meeting at the House of commons and had to get there but no one could take him. He tried to walk there but found that he was quite lost. Suddenly he bumped into a stranger. The stranger asked if he could help him. Mr Smith answered he wanted to get to the House of Parliament. The stranger told him he would take him there. Mr Smith thanked him and they started to walk there. The fog was getting thicker with every minute but the stranger had no difficulty in finding the way. He walked along one street, turned down another, crossed a square and at last after about half an hour’s walk they arrived at the Houses of Parliament. Mr Smith couldn’t understand how the stranger found his way. «It is wonderful», he said. «How do you find the way in this fog»? «It is no trouble at all to me, sir». «I’m blind».
Were losing their way -блуждали
Blind – слепой
Form 6 Listening Comprehension Test
I. Mark the sentences as ‘False» or «True»
1. Mr Smith had a very important meeting at the House of Commons.
2. The stranger told Mr Smith he wouldn’t take him there.
3. The stranger had no difficulty in finding the way.
4. He walked along one street, turned down another, crossed a square and at last after about half an hour’s walk they arrived at the Houses of Parliament.
5. Mr Smith could easily understand how the stranger found his way.
II. Answer the questions using the right variant:
1. What kind of weather was in London that day? A) rainy B) windy C) foggy D) snowy
2. How did the people move in such weather? A) by bus B) by car C) by taxi D) on foot
3. Where did Mr Smith have a very important meeting? A) At the House of Lords B) At the House of Commons C) At the restaurant D)At St Paul’s Cathedral
4) Whom did he meet in the fog? A) a friend B) A stranger С) a driver D) A young lady
5) How much time did it take them to get to the Houses of Parliament? A) a quarter of an hour B) half an hour C) one hour D) an hour and a half
6) What was the weather like when they were walking to the Houses of Parliament?
A) It started rainy. B) It started snowing C) The fog was clearing D) The fog was getting thicker
7) Why was it easy for the stranger to find the way in a fog?
A) He saw everything B) He had a map of the city C) He was blind D) Somebody told him where to go
III. Complete the sentences
1. ………. Mr Smith bumped into a stranger.
2. Mr Smith answered he wanted to get to …………….. .
3. Mr Smith thanked him and they ………… …………… there.
4. Тhe fog was getting ………………… with every minute.
5. «It is no trouble at all to me, sir», said the stranger. » I ……… ………».
Form 6 Lexical Grammar Test
I. Identify the tense.
1. Our cat is too fat to catch mice. A. Present Perfect
2. Our teacher has forgotten to mention the test. В. Past simple
3. I think he will win the race. C. Present simple
4. Did Paul often right with Lulu in the past? D. Future Simple
5. Mark had had long hair by that time. E. Past Perfect
II. Make up questions to the underlined words.
1. These shoes are too small for me. 2. Coffee is produced in Brazil. 3. The boys promised not to make noise. 4. There isn’t much rain in the south of the country. 5. We’ll visit granny next week.
III. Put in the correct pronoun.
1. We looked up and saw a strange animal in front of…
2. It’s a pity you didn’t bring your camera with…
3. Mark talked to a woman sitting next to …
4. The old man is no longer able to look after…
5. To be successful in life, you must believe in …
IV. Open the brackets using Past Simple or Present Perfect.
1. You always (have) long hair, Jane?- No, when I was young my hair (be) short.
2. What (happen)? Why is the room full of smoke? -I (cook) your dinner, dear.
3. I (be) very busy recently.
V. Using the word given complete the sentences so that the second sentence has a similar meaning to the 1st sentence.
1. Writing in library books is not allowed.
Mustn’t You library books.
2. You ought to find a job.
Time It a job.
3. Shall we go to the Chinese restaurant?
About What Chinese restaurant?
4. It is impossible that granny will phone tonight.
May Granny tonight.
VI. Find the mistake.
1. I couldn’t find him nowhere.
2. Nobody never saw him without his stick.
3. She was sent to Florida in last month.
4. I can pay for me.
5. I’ll speak to him as soon as he will come.