Синонимы слова «лечить»
to cure, to treat, to heal
cure to make someone with an illness healthy again:
1) вылечивать, излечивать, исцелять
2) вылечиться, излечиться, исцелиться
treat to use drugs, exercises, etc. to cure a person of a disease or heal an injury (лечить)
heal to make or become well again, especially after a cut or other injury
1) излечивать (преим. раны)
2) способствовать заживлению, рубцеванию
3) заживать, заживляться
4) вылечивать, исцелять (больных)
Fill in the gaps with suitable words.
1) The cut *** up without leaving a scar.
2) Which doctor is *** you (for your illness)?
3) It took three months for my arm to *** properly.
4) Vitamin K is needed by the body for *** cuts and bruises.
5) The drug is used to *** heart disease.
6) In the old days they thought that tuberculosis could be *** by giving people lots of fresh mountain air.
7) He is being *** for a rare skin disease.
8) This will help to *** your cuts and scratches.
9) Her cancer can only be controlled, not ***.
10) The wound took a long time to ***.
11) It might be several months before she’s fully ***.
12) How long will it take for the bullet wound to *** over?
13) Many formerly fatal diseases can now be ***.
14) The boy was *** for a minor head wound…
15) An experienced nurse *** all minor injuries.
16) The condition is usually *** with drugs and a strict diet.
17) The hospital *** forty cases of malaria last year.
18) Western medicine tends to *** the symptoms and not the cause.
19) The wounds were gradually *** (up).
20) Doctors *** her with aspirin…
21) The plaster cast helps to *** the broken bone.
22) How do you *** a case of rheumatism?
23) At one time the doctors couldn’t *** TB/*** people of TB.
24) She was *** for sunstroke.
25) The ointment *** his wounds.
Note: упражнение составлено на базе аутентичных электронных словарей.