Listening Comprehension Test
Changing Climate (p.217 English 10 Panova I. I.)
I. (1-2) Listen to the story and make notes about:
The place __________________
The people _________________
The problem ________________
II. (3-4) Answer Yes/No.
- Is the Sahara desert one of the hottest places in the world?
- Do the Tuareg people live in the Sahara desert?
- Do they move from place to place now?
- Do their children go to school?
- Dams changed the direction of rivers in Africa, didn’t they?
- Does the rain in the Sahara come every July?
III. (5-6) True/ False.
- The Sahara desert is a very difficult place to live.
- The Tuareg people keep cows at home.
- In ancient times the Tuaregs used to buy and sell camels.
- Now the Tuaregs have to change their way of life.
- People in Africa plant a lot of trees.
- Hundreds of people died in Africa between 1968 and 1974 because there was no water.
- Elephants do harm to the gardens of the Tuareg people.
IV. (7-8) Answer the questions.
- What are the temperatures in Africa?
- What wild animals live in the desert?
- Why can’t the Tuaregs travel in the desert any more?
- Where do they have to stay all the time?
- What is the problem with the elephants in the Sahara now?
V. (9-10) Describe the life of the Tuaregs. Use Ex. 5 p. 218 as a promt.