Personal matters (key word transformation)
Intermediate Language Practice (Personal matters)
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Use between two and five words.
1. The children behaved so badly that I lost my temper.
I _______________because of the children’s bad behaviour.
2. His fidgeting is getting on my nerves.
3. I envy her ability to talk to people she’s never met before.
I ______________her ability to talk to people she’s never met before.
4. Do you feel guilty for having lied?
Are ________________ lied?
5. Lori feels uncomfortable if we ask her to sing.
Lori always ______________________if we ask her to sing.
6. They liked the babysitter who was always kind and caring.
They liked the babysitter _________________________kids.
7. All that walking made me very tired.
All that walking _____________________________.
8. I am extremely bored with this monotonous work.
I’m _______________________________of this monotonous work.
9. Government officials are aware of human rights issues.
Government officials ______________ human rights issues.
10. She understood the problems of adult students very well.
She was very ________________________of adult students.
Note: The words were taken from Intermediate Language Practice by M.Vince.