Речевые ситуации на экзамене
Уважаемые читатели! Благодаря коллегам из Ирининской гимназии города Гомеля мы имеем ещё одну возможность посмотреть, как составляются вопросы к ситуациям для устного экзамена.
Материалы присланы учителем английского языка Гомельской Ирининской гимназии Таисией Барозновской.
ДЛЯ БЕСЕДЫ НА ЭКЗАМЕНЕ ПО УЧЕБНОМУ ПРЕДМЕТУ «АНГЛИЙСКИЙ ЯЗЫК»
ЗА ПЕРИОД ОБУЧЕНИЯ И ВОСПИТАНИЯ НА III СТУПЕНИ ОБЩЕГО СРЕДНЕГО ОБРАЗОВАНИЯ
учитель английского языка ГУО «Гомельская Ирининская гимназия»
учитель английского языка ГУО «Гомельская Ирининская гимназия»
ORAL SPEECH SITUATIONS
№ 1. Travelling and Tourism
- Let’s talk about travelling and tourism. What types of tourism do you know? Which one do you prefer? Why?
- Do you agree that travelling with friends is much more interesting than traveling with parents? Why?
- Imagine you are going to an exotic country. What questions would you ask at a travel agency as to the place, the accommodation, the transport etc.?
- Give advice to you friend on how to avoid problems with cash during his trip to Britain.
- Have you ever travelled abroad? If yes, tell about you trip. If no, tell about the trip you’d like to have.
№ 2. Ecological problems. Nature protection
- Let’s talk about environmental problems. Has Belarus suffered from any catastrophe?
- Do you agree that air pollution is a cause of ill health in human beings? Why?
- Imagine you are interviewing an animal protection activist. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Give advice on how to become more environment-friendly.
- Are you for or against animal experimentation? Why?
№ 3. Places of Interest of Britain
- Let’s talk about places of interest of Britain. Which of them would you like to visit and why?
- Do you agree that Whales is the land of glorious kings and powerful wizards of the old days? Why?
- Imagine that your friend spent a month in Scotland. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Your friend has only one day to stay in London. Advise him what places of interest are worth visiting.
- What part of London would you like to live in? Why?
№ 4. Belarusian System of Education
- Let’s talk about Belarusian system of education. At what age do Belarusian schoolchildren start and finish school? How long does a school year last? Do you take any exams?
- Do you agree that schoolchildren must wear a school uniform? Why?
- Imagine you are talking to your peer from England about schooling. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Your friend doesn’t know what to do after finishing school. Give some advice.
- What is your idea of an ideal school?
№ 5. National Character
- Let’s talk about national characters. They say every nation has got its national traits. Germans are considered to be punctual and accurate, Americans are commonly known as active, energetic and practical people. And what about Belarusians? What are our national traits?
- Do you agree that ‘English people are the slaves of traditions’? Why?
- Imagine you and your peer from Australia are discussing stereotypes about foreigners. What questions would you ask him?
- Your friend is going to marry to a handsome American. What is your advice?
- What do you think influences on forming national character? Can you give any examples?
№ 6. Jobs and Careers
- Let’s talk about your future profession. What are your professional plans? What is your career goal? What would you like to achieve?
- Do you agree that the knowledge of a foreign language is necessary to be a success? Why?
- If you interviewed a person for a job of a teacher what questions would you ask him/her?
- Your friend is keen on choosing the right career. Give him advice.
- What can work mean for different people? What is it for you?
№ 7. Youth Organisations
- Let’s talk about Belarusian youth organisations. What youth organisations are there in our country? Are you a member of any youth organisation?
- Do you agree that young people should play some role in ruling the state? Why?
- Your British friend is a member of the Scout movement. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Your friend is hesitating whether to join the Belarusian Republican Union of Youth. Give him advice.
- You are making a speech about a real or imaginary youth organization. Your aim is to find new members. What would you say?
№ 8. Outstanding People of Belarus.
- Let’s talk about outstanding people of Belarus. What famous people of Belarus do you know? What are they famous for?
- Svetlana Aleksiyevich, a Belarusian writer, once said: ‘If we only could learn to value a small human life!’ Do you agree that every life is valuable, no matter if a person is an ordinary or outstanding one?
- A lot of outstanding people originated from Belarus. Which of them would you like to meet? What questions would you ask him/her?
- Your pen-friend from England asks you to provide some information about Belarusian enlighteners which might be of help to him with his report about our country. Give him advice.
- Name a Belarusian author whom you definitely call the soul of the nation. Explain your choice.
№ 9. Who Governs Britain
- Let’s talk about the political system of the United Kingdom. Who has the greatest power in the UK? What does the term ‘parliamentary monarchy’ mean?
- Do you agree that the heir to the throne must be married to a member of a royal family? Why?
- Imagine you are interviewing the British Prime Minister. What questions would you ask him?
- Imagine you are a public policy analyst. Give advice to your friend on how to win local elections.
- What aspects of a British political system appeal to you most? Which of them do you think should or could be introduced in Belarus?
№ 10. Belarusian Statehood
- Let’s talk about the political system of Belarus. What does the term ‘presidential republic’ mean? How is the state power exercised in Belarus?
- Do you agree that the national symbols of the Republic of Belarus represent the country and its people properly? Explain your point of view.
- Imagine that our gymnasium is receiving a group of British pupils. What would you ask them to share the impressions on our country?
- A lot is being done to make our town modern and beautiful. Are there any problems left? Describe the one you can see and give your suggestions as to how to sort it out.
- What aspects of a Belarusian political system do you think should or could be introduced in Britain?
№ 11. Healthy Lifestyle. Sport
- Let’s talk about health. Do you keep yourself healthy? What do you do to stay healthy?
- Do you agree that smoking is dangerous for human health? Why?
- Imagine you are talking to your friend about healthy lifestyle. What questions would you ask him/her?
- There are pupils in our gymnasium who smoke. Advise them what to do to give up smoking.
- Have you ever promoted healthy lifestyle? If yes, tell us how you did it. If no, tell how you would do that.
№ 12. Mass Media
- Let’s talk about mass media. What types of mass media do you know? Which of them are the most popular among teens?
- Do you agree that radio is the least popular mass medium? Why?
- Imagine you are given the task to find out how much newspapers are popular among teens nowadays. What questions would you ask your classmates?
- Imagine that you are at the newsagent’s with your friend who knows almost nothing about Belorussian newspapers and magazines but would like to buy some. Recommend him/her anything to buy.
- Speak about the reasons why you like or dislike watching the news.
№ 13. Belarusian Customs and Traditions
- Imagine you are writing an article for Wikipedia about Belarusian customs and traditions. Give 3 or 4 brief descriptions on the topic.
- Do you agree that teenagers are not very much interested in the past of Belarus nowadays? Why?
- Imagine you are given the chance to talk to your peer of the 10th century, living on the territory of modern Belarus. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Imagine you are at a restaurant with your foreign friend. He would like to try Belarusian cuisine. Advise him what to choose to “taste Belarus”
- You have been to the Victory Day parade, haven’t you? Is it important to hold such ceremonies? Why?
№ 14. Science and Technology
- Let’s talk about science and technology. What comes to your mind when you hear `science` and `technology`? Can you tell anything about the most ancient and the latest discoveries and inventions?
- Do you agree that cloning is immoral? Why?
- A scientist in the field of nanotechnologies is invited to your school. He is ready to answer your questions. What will you ask?
- Your friend has won money in a lottery. He wants to buy a latest gadget. Advise your friend what to buy.
- Pupils nowadays are encouraged to carry out their own scientific research. Have you ever taken part in any? What do you think of it?
№ 15. Family. Family relationships
- Let’s talk about family relationships. What can you tell about your family? Do you get on well with your parents? What is your family for you?
- Do you agree that children should be brought up strictly? Why?
- Imagine you are invited to spend a couple of days in your pen-friend’s family in London. Ask him about their family holidays and traditions.
- Your close friend is hesitating if to accept her boyfriend proposal. She asks you for advice. What would you say?
- Divorce doesn’t seem to be extraordinary any more. What is happening? Has family become an outdated form of relationships?
№ 16. Art
- Let’s talk about art. There are various forms of art. What is your favourite one? Tell about your favourite musician or musical group, artist or sculptor.
- Do you agree that Minsk is a cultural centre of our country? Why?
- You are given the task to write a review of latest cultural events in London. Ask your pen pal for necessary information.
- Your friend from a little Belarusian town is going to Gomel. He is interested in art. Advise him an exhibition to visit.
- Have you ever been to any cultural event (an art gallery, a concert or something)? Tell us about your impression. If not, tell about the cultural event you’d like to visit.
№ 17. Great Britain: Customs and Traditions
- After your 3-months stay in Great Britain you were invited to make a report on British customs and traditions for the younger children in your school. What would you speak about?
- The English proverb say: ‘Custom is a second nature.’ Do you agree? Why?
- You are to write a report about customs and traditions of Scotland. Ask your peer from Scotland some questions to get necessary information.
- Your little sister is going to make a card on St Valentine Day. Give her some advice.
- Have you ever tasted haggis? What dishes of British cuisine would you like to try?
№ 18. Outstanding People of Great Britain
- Let’s talk about famous people. What famous British people do you know? What made them famous?
- Winston Churchill said: ‘Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.’ Do you agree? Why?
- Imagine you are talking to William Shakespeare. What questions would you ask him?
- Your friend is dreaming of becoming a famous fashion model. Give her some advice.
- Is there any difference between a famous person and outstanding person? What is easier? Why?
№ 19. Appearance and Character
- Let’s talk about appearance and character. What can you tell about yourself as a person? What qualities do you appreciate in people?
- Do you agree that a smile adorns a person? Why?
- Imagine you are talking to a fashion model. What questions would you ask her?
- Your friend is upset because of her stoutness. Give her some advice.
- We often judge people by their clothes. What do you think of it?
№ 20. Houses and Homes
- Let’s talk about types of dwelling. Do you live in a house or in a flat? What is there in your house/flat?
- Do you agree that living in a country house is better than living in a modern flat? Why?
- Your friend from England has come to your place. You are talking about types of dwelling. What questions would you ask him/her?
- Your friend wants to move house but doesn’t know what to start from. Give him some advice.
- Have you ever repaired your room? If yes, tell what you did. If no, tell what you would do.
Список использованных источников:
- Методические рекомендации для учителей по подготовке к обязательному выпускному экзамену по учебному предмету «Иностранный язык» за период обучения и воспитания на III ступени общего среднего образования / Проект. Министерство образования Республики Беларусь // Замежныя мовы ў Рэспубліцы Беларусь. – 2012. – №1. С. 3-7.
- Учебная программа для общеобразовательных учреждений с русским языком обучения. Иностранные языки (английский, немецкий, французский испанский). III-XI классы. – Минск: Национальный институт образования, 2009.
- Е.В. Карницкая. Устный экзамен по английскому языку. Монолог. Диалог. – 2-е издание, дополненное. – Минск: Экоперспектива, 2011. – 179 с.
- Английский язык: учебное пособие для 10 класса учреждений общего среднего образования с русским языком обучения / Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко. – Минск: Вышэйшая школа, 2011. – 317 с.: ил.
- УМК Английский язык в 10 (11) классе / И.М. Андреасян, Ю.В. Маслов, В.В. Дармоян. – Минск: Вышэйшая школа, 2006.
ORAL SPEECH SITUATIONS