Some proverbs about friendship.
- Better an open enemy than a false friend.
- They are rich who have true friends.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed.
- Lend your money and lose your friend.
- A faithful friend is a medicine of life.
- Friendship cannot stand always on one side.
- A friend to all is a friend to none.
- A man is known by the company he keeps.
- Friendship, the older it grows, the stronger it is.
- Short reckonings make long friends.
- Before you make a friend eat a bushel of salt with him.
- Books and friends should be few but good.
- Life without a friend is like death without a witness.
- Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him.
- The best mirror is an old friend.
Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between two or more people. This definition of friendship is given by Wiki.
Friendship is feelings and behavior which are different with different people. Every person decides for himself what he or she expects from friendship. So many people, so many minds.
In my view friendship is a gift from God. Friendship is extremely important for every person because everyone needs communication and understanding.
A friend is one with whom you spend your free time, share your thoughts and secrets, whom you trust and who is always at your side, be you at the height of your success or at the depths of despair.
They say friends are those who share common interests with you. I disagree. Of course, common interests are important but there are more important things in life than common interests. Every person in this big world is a unique creature. You probably won’t find two absolutely identical personalities. But you may find one who is faithful and sincere, helpful and devoted, and these are the qualities that make a real friend.
It’s not easy to make friends. It’s also very difficult to stay friends for years. You have to work at it. If you want to be a good friend you should think carefully before you say something to your friend and think twice before you do anything. You should be mindful of how your words may affect your friend. You shouldn’t criticize your friend or be hypocritical even in thoughts. Never lie to your friend. Remember that life without a friend is like death without a witness.