Fill in the gaps using your active vocabulary.
- He was *** when customs officers found drugs in his bag.
- I like to give a small amount of what I earn to ***.
- In the present ***, I don’t think it would be a good idea to try to sell your house.
- In 1918 British women got the right to ***.
- Police believe that the same man is *** for three other murders in the area.
- The majority of holiday flights depart and arrive on ***.
- She has a *** of playing with her hair when she’s nervous.
- Women commit fewer *** than men.
- You may not like her, but you have to *** that she’s good at her job.
- Our school is the centre of the local ***.
- Make exercise part of your daily ***.
- Professional designers and architects *** ideas from each other all the time.
- Before the interview, make sure you are *** with the company’s main products.
- A police officer told the *** that he had seen Brown leaving the house.
- If you spend any time in prison, you’re labelled as a *** for the rest of your life.
- The book examines the causes of *** behavior.
- On Fridays there is usually a Disco at the *** club.
- Our society was heavily influenced by Greek and Roman ***.
- They took a *** and decided not to do it.
- Teenagers enjoy an active *** life.
- He was handed back his *** ***.
- It is *** to sell tobacco to someone under 16.
- Most people in the country support the return to democratic ***.
- *** have always interested Anita.
- India has a *** of more than one billion.
- A *** inspection revealed that several lorries were not roadworthy.
- Helen was sent to *** for attacking a man with a knife.
- They were *** against the death penalty.
- In many countries, it’s a *** for the bride to wear white.
- With his camera around his neck, he looked like a *** tourist.
- The *** of Leningrad voted to restore the city’s original name of St Petersburg…
- He tried, with three other men, to *** a bank.
- What is the role of television in contemporary ***?
21. identity card