Dest B1 Unit 33 Phrasal verbs
Unit 33 Phrasal verbs
Exercise 1. Fill in the correct prepositions.
- The telephone operator cut us *** before we had finished our conversation
- She took *** her spectacles.
- Jenny kept filling my glass *** with champagne.
- He had his best suit ***.
- Do *** your coat or you’ll get cold.
- Try *** clothing and shoes to make sure they fit.
- You left *** the best part.
- She put *** her coat and went out…
1. off 2. off 3. up 4. on 5. up 6. on 7. out 8. on
Exercise 2. Fill in the correct verbs.
- What a lovely dress! Why don’t you *** it on? (in a shop)
- He was running around like a chicken with its head *** off. [=he was acting in a very excited and confused way]
- I couldn’t see properly. I didn’t *** my glasses on.
- If you prefer mild flavours reduce or *** out the chilli…
- He sat on the bed to *** his boots off.
- Can you help me to *** up my dress?
- We must *** up all the buckets we can find.
- Kim had forgotten to *** his watch on.
1. try 2. cut 3. have 4. leave 5. take 6. do 7. fill 8. put