1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. Is cheating becoming a problem in the USA and Britain? Read aloud the extract which says about it.
3. How do students cheat using the internet?
4. Why do students cheat?
1. The text is about cheating at school and university. Cheating has become a problem in many countries. Students cheat when they write their homework, do coursework or write an essay. Teachers and examiners want to stop cheating but they do not agree about how to solve the problem.
3. Some students copy and include material from the internet into their own essays without indicating that they are using someone else’s work.
4. There are two reasons why students cheat. First, they try to avoid the hard work of writing an original essay. Second, students are interested only in passing their exams, not in broadening their minds. They want a degree only to help them get a good job.