1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. People eat a lot of chocolate. Read aloud the extract which says about it.
3. What health problems do people traditionally connect with eating chocolate?
4. What facts prove that chocolate can be good for our health?
1. The text is about chocolate and its effects on our health. It is often believed that eating a lot of chocolate is harmful. Studies carried in the USA give no support to this idea. According to the text eating chocolate does less harm than one might think.
It would be difficult to find someone who does not like chocolate. In the United States, chocolate is bought more often than any other kind of sweet. In Britain, each person eats an average of 11 kg of chocolate per year. That is a lot of chocolate! In the US people eat about 200 chocolate bars per second as a matter of fact. People love chocolate so much that they often think it is a bad habit. But there is good news for all chocoholics: eating chocolate does less harm to you than you might think.
3. People traditionally connect such health problems as bad teeth, obesity and acne with eating chocolate.
4. The text informs us that eating a certain amount of chocolate may be good as it contains protein, vitamins and minerals. These components may reduce the risk of heart disease. Moreover, chocolate can help fight off illness. The pleasure of eating chocolate and even the smell of chocolate have a positive effect on our immune system.