Вступительные экзамены 2005 г. МГЛУ (английский язык)
Славное было время — и стрёмное, когда в Иняз (МГЛУ) нужно было сдавать письменные вступительные испытания. Там задания были на все виды речевой деятельности (проверяли по полной, так сказать) — аудирование, грамматику, чтение и говорение. Образцы вступительных тестов прошлых лет в МГЛУ можно было видеть в книгах Е.Б.Карневской, И.И.Пановой, Е.А.Мисуно (Тесты по грамматике, аудированию и чтению; Тесты по грамматике, типичные ошибки). Но вот в мой 2006 год, когда я поступал на базе средней школы, впервые ввели в Инязе ЦТ как показатель знания по английскому языку. Отчасти, мне это упрощало жизнь: говорить бегло тогда я не умел, да и аудирование расслышать не дай Бог с задней парты — было бы сравни катастрофе. Поэтому тест ЦТ был ОК. Однако ещё в марте или апреле, когда был день открытых дверей, в ларёчке самого МГЛУ продавали за 2500 руб. образец вступительного теста 2005 г. Приобрёл его, почитал, пожалел, что потратил столько (!) денег на обычную распечатку брошюрного типа. А теперь решил поделиться образцом вступительного экзамена по английскому в Минский государственный лингвистический университет. Ответы не составлял, да их в брошюре и не было — настолько наборщики, видимо, поленились его напечатать (тоже повод был для негодования за бесполезно потраченные деньги; для сравнения: проезд в автобусе стоил 200 руб.). В общем, удачи всем, кому интересно. Отмечу, что в 2006 году на переводческое отделение Иняза набрали 8 олимпиадников и 17 льготников, что и составило все 25 человек-бюджетников. И рядовым абитуриентам вроде меня пришлось перебрасывать документы в другое место. Я со своими 363 баллами ушёл в БГУ.
Минский Государственный Лингвистический Университет
Вступительные экзамены 2005 г.
Комплексная письменная работа
I. Прослушайте каждый текст два раза и выполните следующие задания.
Mr. Jones wrote to his brother Robert: «Would you like to go to the country with us on Sunday? We have a good cook and I think you’ll have a good time and good food. I’ll meet you at the bus».
Robert was a shy man. He did not like to cause trouble but he came.
The bus arrived at seven o’clock on Saturday evening. Mr. and Mrs. Jones had had supper but Robert had not even had time for lunch, but he was too shy to say so.
«I had a good supper before I took the bus», he said. «I’m not hungry at all». He was so tired from the bus ride that he slept late on Sunday morning.
«Don’t forget to give Robert a good breakfast». Mrs. Jones said to the cook. But the cook forgot and Robert was too shy to ask her.
At 9 o’clock they drove to the country house and arrived there at 1 o’clock.
«We are not going to eat until 4 o’clock because we had such a large breakfast», Mr. Jones told Robert. «Would you like to go swimming?»
«No, I don’t think so», Robert said. «In fact, I don’t feel very well. I haven’t felt well for several hours».
«Perhaps you’d better see a doctor», Mr. Jones said. «I insist that you should see one.» The doctor couldn’t discover the trouble. «The symptoms you have are sometimes the result of the wrong food», the doctor said. «You’d better not eat much supper». Robert was too weak to protest. The cook gave him some thin soup for supper.
He said good-bye to his brother at 8 o’clock, and immediately ate two meals, one after the other, in a restaurant. While he ate, he wrote a note to thank his brother for the good time.
«I had fun», he wrote while he ate a second dessert. «You are lucky to have such a good cook I shall never forget her meals».
Выберите и запишите вариант ответа, соответствующий содержанию.
1. Mr. and Mrs. Jones
a) didn’t generally have any supper;
b) had had supper by the time Robert arrived;
c) were having supper when Robert arrived.
Ответьте на следующие вопросы.
2. What did the doctor advise Robert after he examined him?
Восполните пропущенную часть предложения.
3. Не did not like to ______________________________________________________________________
This wasn’t true. It was all a dream. First there had been the telephone call from the hospital telling her about the accident. Later she had seen the worried faces looking at her and she could see them thinking «poor little orphan». Now she was going to a strange place, to live with her aunt in London. Bonnie sat on the aeroplane, looking through the window. She was wearing a T-shirt and jeans and was holding some photos in her hand. Bonnie was not very tall for her age but she was pretty, with long blonde hair and said, grey eyes. The tiny houses, factories and roads were getting bigger and bigger. In a few minutes she would be in Britain. She couldn’t remember much about it, because she hadn’t visited Britain since she was three. Bonnie’s family had gone to live in California before she was born and everything had been fantastic until the accident happened.
«You look tired, dear. Come on, let’s go home». Her aunt put her arm round Bonnie and they went to get the car. Bonnie’s aunt Susan was a large, comfortable woman with blonde hair just like hers and a round, happy face. They drove through the empty streets of London on a Sunday morning and stopped outside a pretty little house near the river. The family was waiting, Uncle David and the two young children, Fred, a noisy six-year old and Rosie, still a baby. Bonnie slept until two in the afternoon and went downstairs.
«Let’s go out and we’ll take you to have a look at London». Her uncle smiled at her through his thick glasses.
That night Bonnie went to bed early. She wrote a few things in her diary and then looked out of the window at the dark and the rain. Suddenly she felt lost and frightened. She started to cry. She wanted to go back to her family, but she couldn’t.
Выберите и запишите вариант ответа, соответствующий содержанию.
4. Bonnie’s parents …
d) had died in an accident;
e) had moved from California to London;
f) had sent Bonnie to study at school in London.
Ответьте на следующий вопрос.
5. Why couldn’t Bonnie remember much about London?
II. Откройте скобки, употребив глагол в правильной форме, и впишите ответ.
А. I (1)__________(move) to London three weeks ago to take up a new post at my company’s London office. Ever since then, I (2)__________(wonder) if I (3)__________(make) the right decision. I (4)__________(see) a lot of negative things about living in the capital, and I can’t say London (5)__________(make) a very favourable impression on me. It’s so polluted and expensive, and the people are so distant. You see, I (6)__________(grow up) in a fairly small town called Devizes. I (7)__________(always / want) to live in a big city and so when my company (8)__________(offer) me a job in London, I (9)__________(jump) at the chance.
I think I’m not alone in my aversion to the big city. According to a programme (10)__________(just / hear) on the radio, more and more people (11)__________(stop) working in London recently, and a lot of large companies (12)__________(choose) to move away from the centre. Oh well, it’s too late to change my mind now, because the job is up and running, and I (13)__________(already / sell) my house in Devizes.
B. If I (14)__________(be) a bird, I could fly.
Your parents (15)__________(be) a lot happier if you phoned them more often.
III. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
1. We could see ___ Alps were covered in ___ snow.
2. Please let me carry ___ shopping. It’s ___ least I can do.
3. He spent three years to master ___ German language.
4. Jack recovered from ___ accident and is now out of ___ danger.
5. We went to Spain on ___ holiday and swam in ___ Mediterranean.
6. I’m going to ___ British Museum this afternoon.
IV. Выберите правильный вариант из предложенных и впишите его.
1. She congratulated me warmly _____ my exam results.
a) for b) on c) with
2. She suddenly burst _____ tears.
a) with b) to c) into
3. He was listening to music _____ he was driving home from work.
a) till b) since c) while
4 My father was in hospital _____ six weeks.
a) since b) for c) in
5. I dialed the wrong number _____ mistake.
a) by b) on c) at
6. Don’t put the blame _____ me! It was Carol who broke the window.
a) on b) for c) at
7. I don’t want to put up _____ that noise any longer.
a) about b) at c) with
8. _____ my view there’s little difference between these two things.
a) at b) in c) for
9 He has been unemployed _____ 1998.
a) since b) from c) till
10. They are expected to arrive _____ London tomorrow morning.
a) at b) in c) to
11. The company has invested a lot of money in _____ computer equipment.
a) last b) the last c) the latest
12. I feel _____ about forgetting her birthday.
a) so badly b) so bad c) such bad
13. The new consultant is not _____ we thought.
a) so experienced as b) as experienced than c) as experienced like
14 Linda felt _____ before the English exam.
a) so nervously b) such nervous c) so nervous
15. It was very _____ for him not to get the job.
a) disappointing b) disappointfully c) disappointed
16. _____ they’d left the children at home with Susan.
a) As usual b) Usually c) As used
17. I’d love to have hair like _____.
a) your b) yours c) your’s
18. She spent all her life in doing good to _____.
a) others b) the others c) the other
19. He said he had _____ intention to offend me.
a) no b) none c) neither
20. Unfortunately _____ could be done in that situation.
a) little b) few c) a little
21. No wonder she’s so thin, she hardly eats.
a) something b) anything c) any
22. Don’t hurry. We have _____ time left before we have to leave.
a) little b) a little c) a few
23. The screwdriver won’t do. Is there_____ tool you can use?
a) some other b) any other c) some else
24. London’s population reached its peak of _____ people in 1939.
a) 8 millions b) 8 million of c) 8 million
25. Trees were planted along the street _____ to reduce traffic noise.
a) so as b) for c) because
26. I had forgotten my passport and _____ I couldn’t cross the border.
a) because of b) therefore c) so that
V. Образуйте производное слово, подходящее по смыслу предложения и впишите его.
1. It was very __________ of you to break that coffee cup. CARE
2. They’ve __________ my name on this form – the first letter is L not R. SPELL
3. There’s a lovely _________ of the author’s early _________.DESCRIBE, CHILD
4. This year our country will have been __________ for 40 years. DEPENDENT
5. Our parents wouldn’t let us go rock-climbing. They thought it was
too __________ and that we might kill ourselves. DANGER
6. The crowd waited excitedly for the __________ of the Queen. ARRIVE
7. The situation is pretty __________ – there’s nothing we can do. HOPE
8. A very old car is usually an __________ car. RELY
9. It is no __________ to say that the world has become a global village. EXAGGERATE
VI. Переведите на английский язык слова или фразы, данные в скобках, и впишите их.
1. The news (звучит)_______________ pretty bad.
2. What (еще)_______________ books by Jack London have you read?
3. Adjectives can sometimes be used (как)_______________ verbs.
4. She eats much fruit (что)_______________ is very good for her health.
5. I am going (сдавать)_______________ my exam tomorrow but I don’t know (сдам ли я)_______________ it.
6. This street is (намного уже)_______________ than ours.
7. There was no train to the station so (ему пришлось)_______________ to drive.
VII. Найдите и исправьте одну ошибку в каждом предложении и напишите правильный вариант.
1. There was no sound from the girls’ room too.
2. We used to having a wonderful time at our aunt’s little place.
3. Martha realized that she had failed that’s why she hadn’t prepared properly for the exam.
4. I didn’t know who the bracelet was belonging to, so I took it to the police station.
5. When the teacher asked Sam for his homework, he said he has handed it in already.
6. Daniel didn’t like the show, and Mark didn’t, too.
7. I don’t care what do they think about our work.
8. Mr. Jones’ students are supposed to have been studying, but they aren’t.
VIII. Завершите следующие предложения таким образом, чтобы получился связный текст.
Beyond doubt learning a foreign language is a hard job. It takes __________________
Yet, I am sure ____________________________________________________
Примечание: Всего будет предложено три подобные ситуации.
IX. Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к нему.
This story appeared in a British newspaper.
For almost two months Dominic York, a 23-year-old hairdresser, wandered about hospitals at night, wearing a white coat and pretending he was a doctor. Yesterday he proudly claimed in court that despite his complete lack of medical experience or qualifications, he had saved several people’s lives. He had even been allowed to assist a surgeon during an emergency operation on a patient who was choking to death on something she had swallowed.
«I watched one day one of those TV dramas about hospital and suddenly I felt like playing one of the roles myself. So I put on a white jacket and a stethoscope and walked around one of the biggest hospitals in London. At first I just watched. Once you learn how doctors talk to patients, nurses and other doctors, it’s easy to take people in,» he said.
One of the patients he treated was Laura Kennan. She had almost been run over by a car and passed out. When she came to in hospital, York was standing over her.
«He looked very professional. He told me his name was Doctor Simon. Then he gave me some sort of injection,» she said. Although he left a very nasty bruise on her arm, and then suddenly cleared off when a nurse asked who he was, she didn’t think there was anything wrong. «I would never have realized he was a fake if a policewoman hadn’t showed me his photograph a week later. When the policewoman told me who he really was, I could hardly believe my eyes.»
Judge Raymond Adams told York that he was «shocked and horrified» that he got away with his deception for so long, and then sentenced him to eighteen months in a special prison for criminals with mental disorders.
«I can only hope that this will not lead to further problems. After all, you will have considerable opportunity to study the behaviour of the psychiatrists who will look after you while you are there. If you try to persuade people that you yourself are a psychiatrist after your release, I shall make sure that you are given a much longer sentence,» Judge Adams warned York.
Dominic York said he didn’t want to cause other people suffering. Would he like to pretend to be a psychiatrist after his release? Or would he like to train to be a doctor?
Выберите вариант ответа, соответствующий содержанию текста и впишите его.
1. York was proud of the fact that …
a. a surgeon let him watch the operation.
b. he had performed a doctor’s duties successfully.
c. he had pretended for so long to be a doctor.
2. York learned how to behave like a doctor by …
a. watching doctors while he pretended to be one.
b. observing doctors while he was a patient.
c. acting the part of a doctor in a television drama.
3. Why was Laura Kennan in hospital?
a. She had swallowed something and almost died.
b. She had to have an emergency operation,
с She had been involved in a road accident.
4. When York gave Laura Kennan an injection, she …
a. had no idea he was not a proper doctor.
b. realized he was not her usual doctor.
с. asked a nurse who he was.
5. The judge at his trial was shocked because York …
a. had had no proper medical training.
b. seemed to be proud of what he had done.
с. had not been detected for so long.
Выберите и запишите правильный вариант перевода в соответствии с содержанием текста.
6. … and pretending he was a doctor
a. … и притворяясь, что он врач
b. … и предъявляя претензии, что он врач
c. … и претендуя на то, чтобы стать врачом
7. I would never have realized he was a fake …
a. Я так и не смогла догадаться, что за обманщик он был …
b. Я бы никогда не догадалась, что он обманщик …
с. Я не хотела признавать, что он был обманщиком …
8. I shall make sure that you are given a much longer sentence …
a. Я буду абсолютно уверен, что вам дадут гораздо более длительный срок …
b. Я вас уверяю, что вам дадут гораздо более длительный срок …
c. Я прослежу за тем, чтобы вам дали гораздо более длительный срок …
Найдите и впишите предложения или части предложений, которые обозначают следующее:
9. It’s not difficult to fool people around if you can imitate doctors’ speaking manner.
10 His penalty was a year and a half behind bars.
СПИСОК ТЕМ ДЛЯ ЗАДАНИЯ № VIII
1. About myself
2. My family
3. My home
4. My working day
5. My day off (My weekend)
6. My household duties
7. My school
8. Friends and friendship
9. My favourite subject at school
10. My future profession
11. Going to the cinema (theatre, concert, exhibition)
12. Trips and journeys
13. Shops and shopping
14. The seasons of the year
15. Our family holidays (birthdays, New Year and others)
16. Physical culture and sports
17. My favourite English (American) writer (poet) and my favourite book
18. My favourite Belarusian (Russian) writer
19. The republic I live in
20. The geographical position of the United Kingdom
21. Places of interest in the United Kingdom (in London)
22. Outstanding people of my country
23. The capital of the republic I live in
24. My home town (village)
25. Man and Nature
Описанная тобой история так же связанна с А.Клубникиным (цт английский -99), но он документы не забрал и остался на переводческом платно. История печальная, но факт. Андрей учился у меня в классе последние два года. У Андрея было 350 и он рассказывал, что был парень с 363 и ушел в БГУ. Теперь я знаю о ком шла речь. 🙂
По поводу теста — легкий.