Study the list of expressions with have and go (BVIU Units 3-4) and do a small test.
Fill in the missing words.
- He likes to have *** in bed on a Saturday morning.
- You can *** dinner as soon as you come home from school.
- We don’t have the *** for this excursion, we’ll visit the gallery another time.
- I’m not going out tonight, I have a ***.
- She had her hair ** and looks very smart.
- When you have a bad ***, it is best to dose yourself with aspirin.
- Why don’t you call all your friends in and have a ***?
- She is going to *** a baby.
- I have some *** in reading and writing English.
- I have a *** with Ann tonight.
- I have an appointment with a *** at 5 p.m.
- He lives near the river and goes *** at every opportunity.
- There was no time to *** *** in Rome.
- They like to go *** every Saturday night. They say the music at the disco is fantastic.
- He *** *** Moscow and promised to come back in three days.
- When you go ***, bring these towels with you.
- I *** upstairs and had a shower.
- Shall we walk or go by ***?
- Good -bye, George. Have a *** time with your girl.
- English people usually have *** at 5 o’clock.
- My little girl, Mary, she has a terrible *** throat.
- In winter we usually *** skiing and in summer we go ***.
1. breakfast 2. have 3. time 4. headache/ etc. 5. cut 6. cold 7. party 8. have 9. trouble/problems
10. date 11. doctor 12. fishing 13. go sightseeing 14. dancing 15. went to 16. upstairs 17. went
18. bus 19. nice 20. tea 21. sore 22. go/swimming