Dest B1 Unit 3
Exercise 1. Make the sentences complete by choosing the correct word from the list on the left. Check yourself with the key.
||1. The *** is the official who controls a sports event such as a football game or a boxing match.
||2. A *** is an event in which many people take part in order to find out who is best at a particular activity.
||3. A *** is a group of people who play a particular sport or game together against other similar groups of people.
|4. *** is the experience of being beaten in a battle, game, or contest, or of failing to achieve what you wanted to.
||5. *** *** is traditional music that has been played by ordinary people in a particular area for a long time.
||6. A *** is an organization of people interested in a particular activity or subject who usually meet on a regular basis and also a team which competes in sporting competitions.
|7. A *** is a set of people who have the same interests or aims, and who organize themselves to work or act together.
||8. An *** is the person who is playing against you, someone who you try to defeat in a competition, game, fight, or argument.
||9. A *** is a performance of music given by musicians or singers.
||10. A *** is a club, building, or large room, usually containing special equipment, where people go to do physical exercise and get fit.
| folk music
||11. A *** is an activity, experience or aspect of something that you find very enjoyable or satisfying.
||12. *** *** is music that is considered to be serious and of lasting value.
||13. A *** is someone who trains a person or team of people in a particular sport.
|14. A *** is a regular series of sounds or movements.
||15. Someone’s *** in a game or test is a number, for example, a number of points or runs, which shows what they have achieved or what level they have reached.
||16. A *** is someone who has won the first prize in a competition, contest, or fight.
Exercise 2. Fill in the gaps using your active vocabulary from Unit 3. Change the form of the words if necessary. The answers are in white so drag your mouse to see them.
- I always beat my brother at tennis.
- Our family hooked on the board game Monopoly.
- Watching TV is our only pleasure.
- She risked her own life to help a disabled woman.
- We challenged (вызвали на соревнование) a team who called themselves ‘College Athletes’.
- She’s a top international athlete and an Olympic champion.
- Students may be tempted to cheat in order to get into top schools.
- A lot of jazz and classical music was part of my music too, thanks to my uncle.
- Jody became the women’s basketball coach.
- Arsenal are now out of the competition, following their shock defeat by Torquay Town.
- She is among the most promising players in her age group.
- Julie’s captain of the quiz team.
- There’s a football club for the young people in the area.
- This is a surprisingly entertaining film.
- If you hear the mandolin today, it’s usually in bluegrass or Neapolitan folk music.
- It was raining, so we had to play football in the gym this afternoon.
- I have no interest in continuing this conversation.
- I’ve been to plenty of live rock concerts.
- Britain is a full member of NATO.
- The problem with video games is that they’re addictive.
- He will be banned from international competition for four years.
- Graf’s opponent in today’s final will be Suhova.
- In the end, we all decided to organise a concert for Easter.
- The referee blew his whistle to stop the game.
- She started moving to the rhythm of the music.
- Did you have fun at the party?
- Strachan is training for the new season.
- Skiers always face the risk of serious injury.
- Against which country did Ian Wright score his first international goal?
- The U.S. Open golf tournament was won by Ben Hogan, with a score of 287.
- Tim, 17, supports Manchester United. Which team do you support?
- Our success lies in working together as a team.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.