First learn the phrases.
Remember the meaning of the phrases (EN_RU, RU_EN)
Then do the exercise.
- Scientists have (долго) thought this just was never going to be possible.
- We invent (для удовольствия) — invention is a lot of fun to do — and we also invent for profit.
- I woke up (посреди) the night with the sound of heavy explosion.
- That means each of you will contain (на CD ) your entire gene code.
- We arrived (вовремя) for the start of the match.
- I went (на сцену) and did my show.
- I am getting very (скучно oт) this entire business.
- He’s still (помешан на) both his work and his hobbies…
- He’s very (способный к) music.
- She’s always been (интересовался) other people.
- Sally’s quite (увлечён) the idea.
- This area is immensely (популярна среди) tourists.
- He refused (слушать) her explanation.
- Bill refused (принимать участие в) the game.
- Carol (не хочет *смотреть) a movie tonight.
- Gambotti was injured in last Saturday’s (игре с) the Lions.
- I am a great (поклонник) rave music.
- I’ve just started reading (книгу) Graham Greene.
- I’m reading (книгу о) a little girl who was a slave in 19th century Atlanta.