6 января 2014
Билет №23 Weather and Climate
1. Let’s talk about weather and climate. What is happening to weather and climate nowadays?
2. Do you have a favourite season?
3. What questions would you ask a meteorologist?
4. What can you advise a person who is weather dependent?
5. They say there’s no bad weather, there are bad clothes. What do you think about it?
|1. Let’s talk about weather and climate. What is happening to weather and climate nowadays?||1. Climate is the weather a certain place has over a long period of time.
2. Some scientists think that nowadays the world is becoming hotter.
3. The term «global warming» has been introduced to describe the changes in the world’s climate.
4. Man’s activities result in producing a lot of carbon dioxide and this, in its turn, leads to the greenhouse effect.
5. The atmosphere becomes warmer and we no longer have severe winters, we have rain and mud instead of snow.
6. Such changes can be dangerous for our planet, because to a certain degree our life depends on the climatic conditions we live in.
7. Scientists from different countries are working to understand the processes in the atmosphere and to reduce the harm being done to nature.
|2. Do you have a favourite season?||Yes, I do. I like spring best of all. I share the opinion that spring is the season of love, hope and happiness.|
|3. What questions would you ask a meteorologist?||Is it difficult to forecast weather? Is the climate really becoming hotter? What tools do you use to collect data? Why isn’t the weather always predicted accurately?|
|4. What can you advise a person who is weather dependent?||In fact, the weather influences not only such people’s mood and emotions, but their physical state. I would advise weather dependent people to follow weather forecasts and take measures beforehand.|
|5. They say there’s no bad weather, there are bad clothes. What do you think about it?||They also say, “Be thankful together whatever the weather”. If you have proper clothes on, no season and no weather is bad.|