Card 12. Reading
1. The text is about Audra Mari, Miss Teen USA, and her experience with bullying in high school. She was made fun of because she was tall.
2. 1-ый абзац.
3. At first, she tried to keep it in and not to tell anyone except for her friends, but finally she told her mum.
4. She advises other children to stay confident and know that this is not the end of the world. She says you need to focus on what you want to achieve and do not let people get in your way or upset you. You should also tell anyone you can about your problem.
Script 34, p.100
Listen to the talk between two friends and answer the questions below.
1. What are Maggy’s favourite places in London?
2. What are they going to do in the evening?
3. Why does Alex want to go to a cafe?
1. Maggy’s favourite places in London are Buckingham Palace, St James’s Park, St James’s Palace and Piccadilly Circus.
2. In the evening they are going to visit an entertainment area of Piccadilly Circus with lots of pubs and cafes.
3. Alex wants to go to a cafe because he is starving and wouldn’t mind to have a bite.