Данный вариант урока может быть использован в группах, где для устной речи требуются опоры.
December 15, 2015
Открытый урок по теме
“My Attitude to Pocket Money»
в 8 классе
Учитель Глушакова Татьяна Петровна
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
— demonstrate their knowledge of topic vocabulary by listening to a dialogue and filling in the missing words/doing exercises
— describe their own experiences of dealing with pocket money using Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous
— formulate their point of view on pocket money by saying from 2 to 5 sentences using phrases of agreement/ disagreement
I. Warming up
Oh, my God! It’s not my day today… What shall I do? I’ve forgotten my purse at home. I was planning to have lunch at our school canteen and now it seems to me I am going to stay hungry. Would you be so kind to lend me some money? 2 “cucumbers” will be enough. I promise to give the money back tomorrow.
Haven’t you got pocket money? You have! Oh, thank you.
It is so good that you had pocket money and lent me some. Maybe you’ll make me still happier by saying all the expressions you know with the word MONEY? Look at the blackboard and follow the patterns:
V+money/Adj+money (pupils make phrases)
For our lesson today we also need phrases of agreement/disagreement as we are going to discuss a very important question of pocket money.
To my mind
I think so
I can’t agree
I can’t agree more
On the contrary
In my opinion
What am I looking for at our today’s lesson?
1) I am interested if you can use Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous speaking about your pocket money experience. 2 points
2) I’d like to know how well you know your topic vocabulary. 3 points.
3) I wonder if you can express your opinion on the problem. 5 points
Last year I (1) __________ all my pocket money and I (2) _________ it on a new mountain bike. But I never really used the bike, so I decided to sell it. I (3) _______ the bike in my local newspaper, and a boy phoned me. He liked the bike and I (4) ________it for ₤60. Then I wanted to buy a computer games console, but I needed some more money! So I (5)_______ some money from my mum, and then I (6) ________ a PlayStation.
3. Agree or disagree (Individual task: Listening. Vlad, Karina – Fill in the missing words in the dialogue)
1. Parents should give their children as much pocket money as their classmates are given.
2. Children should help their parents about the house without being paid for that.
3. If children don’t do chores parents shouldn’t give them any money.
4. Children shouldn’t get pocket money because parents pay for everything: for their clothes, books, trips out, piano lessons and birthday presents for their friends.
5. Money doesn’t grow on trees. If you want to have something that your parents can’t afford, save up your pocket money.
6. Money has to be paid either for doing chores or for good marks at school.
7. Pocket money helps children to get ready for the future, to be responsible and sensible.
8. Teenager shouldn’t get pocket money because they waste it.
III. Reflexion. Marks
Now I … know/understand that…
• I should save money and not waste it
• my parents work hard to earn money and I should earn my pocket money too
• to get money I have to work hard at school because studying is my work
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.