1) Существительные, обозначающие приёмы пищи, не имеют артикля, если они употреблены в своем абстрактном значении, называя приёмы еды и ассоциируясь со временем: to have (take, serve, cook, prepare), breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea.
Lunch is at 12 o’clock. Tea is laid on the coffee table. What shall I cook for supper?
2) Неопределенный артикль употребляется, если у существительного есть описательное определение.
Let’s have an early supper tonight. We had a late dinner. A potluck dinner is a dinner when everyone has to bring a dish.
3) Определенный артикль употребляется с данными существительными, если есть ситуация, контекст, лимитирующее определение или же имеется в виду сама еда.
The dinner you cooked was great! How much did you pay for the lunch? Don’t burn the dinner again, Jane!
1. What do you want for ___ breakfast?
2. Jane never eats ___ breakfast.
3. She arrived shortly after ___ breakfast.
4. He usually goes jogging for half an hour before ___ breakfast.
5. I have toast and marmalade for ___ breakfast.
6. I’m never hungry enough for ___ full breakfast.
7. Shall we meet somewhere for ___ lunch?
8. We had ___ pub lunch.
9. He managed to eat ___ big ___ lunch despite having eaten ___ enormous ___breakfast.
10. Shall I heat up some soup for ___ lunch?
11. ___ packed lunch is food, for example sandwiches, which you take to work, to school, or on a trip and eat as your ___ lunch.
12. We usually have ___ tea at about 5.30 p.m., then ___ supper before we go to bed.
13. They had ___ early ___ supper before going to the theatre.
14. At five o’clock he comes back for his ___ tea.
15. I’d love a cup of ___ tea, please.
16. How do you like your ___ tea — strong or weak?
17. ___ tea is very hot, so sip it carefully.
18. Could I have two cups of ___ coffee and ___ tea, please?
19. A cup of ___ tea can be referred to as ___ tea.
20. How much did you pay for ___ dinner?
21. They had ___ delicious ___ lunch at the cafe.
22. How many people will be present? How much wine shall we have for ___ supper?
23. When ___ tea is ready, we shall call you.
24. People have ___ brunch at 11 o’clock.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.