Несколько упражнений на контроль лексики к разделу 7 для 8 класса. Упражнения составлены на базе аутентичных словарей.
Choose the correct word
1 Much has already been said to help you evaluate/perform the importance of each symptom.
2 The best-known of Aesop’s fables/characters is «The Tortoise and the Hare’.
3 Borwick has a ghost and many fascinating/horror stories and traditions.
4 Time travel exists only in the realm of science magazine/fiction.
5 The coyote appears in a great deal of Native American folklore/mystery.
6 David Mamet has long been considered the leading American playwright/author of his generation.
7 Chaplin was not just a dramatist/genius, he was among the most influential figures in film history.
8 Glossy/Obvious magazines, leaflets, books, and photographs are produced on expensive, shiny paper.
9 He is writing a relaxation/historical novel about nineteenth-century France.
10 It’s an honour/legend to have you here today, Mr President.
Choose the correct word
1. A horror/amusing/historical film or story is intended to be very frightening.
2. Always read the instructions/introduction/conclusion before you start taking the medicine.
3. Have you read the opinion/conclusion/introduction to the third edition?
4. Jazz author/playwright/legend, Ella Fitzgerald, once sang in this bar.
5. Her face is on the cover of a dozen or more novels/magazines/romance.
6. His fourth novel is a murder horror/mystery/plot set in London.
7. A fiction/essay/novel is a long written story about imaginary people and events.
8. It was amusing/fascinating/obvious from Eleanor’s voice that she disliked him.
9. Who, in your opinion/court/honour, (= Who do you think) is the best football player in the world today?
10. This play was first biography/introduction/performed in 411 BC.
Fill in the missing words
1. My Granny is fond of Shakespeare’s p___s.
2. A p____t is a person who writes plays.
3. The film has a very simple p___t.
4. She started writing p___y at a young age.
5. I have a p____e for sweet food over spicy.
6. I go fishing for r____n.
7. There’s a r___w of the book in today’s newspaper.
8. I want some light reading for the summer holidays — a r____e or something.
9. The play has its s___g in a wartime prison camp.
10. The empty house was completely s___t.
1 If you’re looking for ___, this might be the holiday for you.
2 I was listening to an ___ programme on the radio, which made me laugh out loud.
3 He is the ___ of two books on French history.
4 Her ___ revealed that she was not as rich as everyone thought.
5 She had Mickey Mouse or some other cartoon/Disney ___ on her sweater.
6 There was complete silence in the room as the play came to its tragic ___.
7 Please describe to the ___ exactly what you saw.
8 While I was travelling, I kept a ___ every day.
9 Writers and ___ have always known that one way to capture an audience is to frighten it out of its wits.
10 We asked Jason to write an ___ about his hometown and about his place in it.
Список лексики раздела: