4 ноября 2016
Сегодня на базе нашей школы прошёл районный конкурс «Искусство говорить». Первые два задания были предсказуемыми и соответствовали Положению о конкурсе. Третье задание, о котором писалось, что это будет ситуация, представляло собой картинку, которую нужно было описать.
Презентация, 3-е место.
- All people want to live long. Unfortunately, the period of human life is limited. There are not so many people who lived up to 100 or longer. Nevertheless, the question of longevity has always interested people. The question interests me too. Is it possible to live forever?
- First of all, I addressed Wikipedia. The person with the longest confirmed lifespan is Jeanne Louise Calment from France. She lived to be 122 and died in 1997. What puzzled me greatly, Calment smoked until she was 117. What is more, other people who lived long, didn’t keep to a diet, some of them smoked, drank alcohol and never exercised. How could they live so long?
- Longevity is based on two major factors, genetics and lifestyle choices. It means, that we have genetic limits. But what if we can change our genetics?
- By manipulating the genes of a worm, Cynthia Kenyon was able to increase its lifespan — by 6 times. Can this be done for humans? One day, maybe.
- Looking at examples in history and literature, we may say that trying to live forever never works out well. Try to cheat death and you’ll regret it.
- And outside of fiction, remember that Calment lady I mentioned? Her husband died in 1942, but she lived another 55 years. In fact, she lived long enough to see her daughter and grandson die before she did. That’s no fun.
- Do people want to live forever? 60% of people when asked about how long they wanted to live answered 80 years, 30 percent said 120 years, 10 percent said 150 years. Only less than one percent said «forever».
- People don’t want to live forever; they want to live longer. They want to live a good life. And this to a great extend depends on how they see aging. Make an effort to look young and act young, it will help you to stay young. It means doing sports and keeping fit and doing all kinds of things to stay healthy.
- On the other hand, the results of the Terman study say we should be a little more concerned about our friends than our body: «The only thing that really matters in life are your relationships to other people.»
- Ask yourself: «Is there anyone in your life whom you can phone at four in the morning?» If your answer is yes, you will likely live longer than someone whose answer is no.
- It is good if a person has friends and relatives to count on when having a hard time then that person would be healthier. But the research showed it wasn’t getting help from others that conferred a long life. It was giving help.
- In conclusion, I’d like to say that we may not be able to live forever, but we can live a good life. Be happy. Be optimistic. Laugh a lot. Get enough sleep. Stay out of debt. Forgive.
Вот филологам и языковедам дай только поговорить )