Так как аудио к уроку 9 Unit 3 для 9 класса нет, более того, нет и скрипта, пришлось поискать что-нибудь, чем можно заменить этот материал. Текст из Upstream Intermediate B2, для 9 класса сложноват, но другого я не нашла. В оригинале он предназначен для чтения, задания для аудирования разработаны мной.
Listen to the text How to burn fat all day long and do the exercises that follow.
I. Study the words and expressions:
to stock up on carbohydrates and liquids — запасаться углеводами и жидкостью
upbeat — оживлённый, бодрый
extra calories – лишние калории
plenty of unprocessed carbohydrates — много необработанных углеводов
rye bread — ржаной хлеб
boost — поддержка
make your way through – пройти через
vital – жизненно важный
tuna — тунец
hectic — лихорадочный
red peppers, chilies and ginger – красный перец, чили и имбирь
to absorb — впитывать; поглощать
deep breathing relaxation techniques – техника релаксации при помощи глубокого дыхания
II. Make phrases
|1. plenty of
||a) green tea
||b) and active
|3. to burn
|4. a cup of
|5. a hectic
||e) carbohydrates and liquids
|6. feel upbeat
|7. to stock up on
- Water will help to take the edge off your appetite as it will fill you up.
- The later you leave it, the easier it will be to fill up on fast food to satisfy your hunger.
- Now, by midafternoon, you will find that your stress levels are on the rise.
You eat all the right foods and do plenty of exercise, so why aren’t you losing any of that extra weight? Perhaps you need to think about a daily diet and exercise plan which tells you when you should be eating, drinking and exercising in order to burn fat more quickly.
Try to start the day with a cup of green tea. Green tea wakes you up and gets you ready for a hectic day ahead. You will feel upbeat and active and at the same time your metabolism will be off to a good start, burning up those extra calories.
The next step is to stock up on carbohydrates and liquids. This will help to give you the energy you will need to get moving. Try to eat breakfast an hour after exercising so the carbohydrates will be turned into energy and not be stored as body fat. It’s also a good idea to eat plenty of unprocessed carbohydrates such as fruit, yogurt and rye bread.
As you make your way through the first part of your busy schedule, don’t forget that mid-morning energy boost. Eating just three meals a day makes the body store more food as fat. The secret of burning fat is to eat little amount at regular intervals throughout the day. Keep away from unhealthy food like ice cream and chocolate, though! A banana or a kiwi fruit at around eleven will give you all the energy you need.
At around noon it’s vital to drink lots of water. Water will help to take the edge off your appetite as it will fill you up. Experts recommend drinking cold water, as your body will have to use up calories just to warm it up!
It is always important to eat lunch earlier rather than later. The later you leave it, the easier it will be to fill up on fast food to satisfy your hunger. Try to plan your lunch menu and choose light carbohydrates and proteins such as tuna or chicken sandwiches accompanied by raw vegetables or fruit. Now, by midafternoon, you will find that your stress levels are on the rise again. That means that you are in need of fuel to keep you going through the rest of the afternoon. A small sweet snack would be the perfect choice. Try dried fruit, a banana or some fruit yogurt.
The next step is the evening meal. It is important to eat an hour or so after your evening workout. This will replace some of the energy you have lost so that you will be able to get up and get going again the next day. If you plan well, this meal can be an important part of your fat-burning day. There are certain foods and spices that will actually help your body to burn up any unwanted calories, such as red peppers, chilies and ginger. These will make your nervous system work faster and raise your body temperature, which in turn will burn more calories. Don’t leave your evening meal too late, though as you need to give your body time to absorb the food before your sleep.
Then, instead of sitting down in front of the TV for those last few hours of your busy day, why not try a few deep breathing relaxation techniques. This will guarantee that your body is calm and ready for that deep sleep that you need to get ready for the next day.
So, eat regularly, drink lots of water, keep active, relax and sleep well. You too will be well on the way to a fat-burning routine that will keep you healthy and slim.
Choose the correct variant
1. What two things should people think about to lose extra weight?
a) Exercise and good sleep
b) Exercise and daily diet
c) Exercise and green tea
2. It is recommended to start a day with …
a) green tea
b) chamomile drink
c) 3 glasses of cold water
3. How many meals a day is it recommended to have to burn calories?
a) Three meals a day
b) Small amounts of food at regular intervals throughout the day
c) Four meals a day
4. What food will help you to boost energy at 11 o’clock in the morning?
a) an ice-cream and chocolate
b) a banana or a kiwi
c) yogurt and rye bread
5. Why is it recommended to drink a lot of water in the afternoon?
a) It controls your appetite.
b) It boosts your appetite.
c) It increases your energy.
6. What type of food helps in decreasing stress levels?
b) Tuna and chicken
c) Dried fruit
7. To keep going through the rest of the afternoon you need a ….
a) glass of warm water
b) small sweet snack
c) herbal drink
8. Which meal plays an important role in burning the fat you gain all day?
a) Morning meal.
b) Afternoon meal.
c) Evening meal.
9. How can people prepare themselves for good sleep?
a) By reading stories about relaxation.
b) By practicing breathing methods.
c) By watching TV or reading a book.
10. To keep yourself healthy and slim you should …
a) eat regularly and drink lots of water
b) keep active, relax and sleep well
c) all answers are correct
Complete the sentences:
- You need to think about a daily *** and *** plan which tells you when you should be eating, drinking and exercising.
- *** *** wakes you up and gets you ready for a hectic day ahead.
- It’s a good idea to eat plenty of unprocessed carbohydrates such as ***, *** and rye bread.
- At around noon it’s vital to drink lots of water. Experts recommend drinking *** water.
- The *** you eat your lunch it, the *** it will be to satisfy your hunger on fast food.
Источник аудио: Upstream Intermediate B2 Unit 8