✔12. Let’s talk about the mass media (по ситуации АПО).
1) Let’s talk about the mass media. What is the role of mass media in the life of contemporary society?
We live in the era of information. It’s impossible to imagine our life without media. The mass media includes newspapers, magazines, radio, television and the Internet. These media have become as important for people as food or clothing.
Media is the best way to spread knowledge, information and news from one part of the world to another. It is also a source of entertainment. Companies use the media to promote their company product. The mass media has become one of the main instruments of political change.
The mass media has the power to shape our values. As Jim Morrison famously said, “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” There is no doubt that mass media has a huge impact on our life. We should be vigilant [бдительный] about the impact of the mass media and have our own beliefs and opinions.
2) Do you agree that all means of communication are very effective? Prove your point of view.
I disagree. Let’s take telephones and mobiles, for example. Telephones are static whereas mobile phones can be carried anywhere. Mobiles are quicker, more convenient and more effective.
3) What can you ask a British teenager about the mass media in his/her country?
What mass media are most popular in your country?
What is the main broadcasting company in the UK?
Is it true that The BBC is the most objective in news reporting?
Do people in your country subscribe or buy newspapers?
4) My cousin spends a lot of time chatting online; it makes all the family angry. What can you advise in such a situation?
I would advise the family to spend more time together. It will show your cousin that family relations are more important than the Internet.
5) Can the Internet replace other mass media? What is your opinion?
Maybe yes, maybe no. The Internet is a great source of information and entertainment for many people. But there are always those who prefer reading a newspaper or watching TV. We’ll live and see.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.