Материал к уроку 3 в 9 классе по теме «Communication» What is communication? 1. Choose the definition you like best:
1. Communication is a means of connecting people and places.
2. Communication is a process by which information is exchanged between individuals through a common system of symbols, signs or behavior.
3. Communication is the imparting [передача] or exanging of information by speaking, writing or using some other medium.
4. Communication is sending and receiving information between 2 or more people.
5. Communication is the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior.
To communicate means to share information with others by speaking, writing, moving your body, or using other signals.
2. Watch the video and say which of these inventions are means of communication:
the fax machine, the mobile phone, the telegraph, the newspaper, writing, the Internet, video games, cinema, photography
There are different methods of communication:
1. Verbal (using words)
a) Written (e-mails, presentations, letters, faxes, newspapers, social media)
b) Oral (telephone, radio, tele and videoconferencing)
c) Face-to-face (meetings)
2. Nonverbal (without words, that is facial expressions and body language)