I. Reading “Be kind and stay safe”
I. Find in the text English equivalents:
К сожалению, в реальной жизни, жаловаться на, например, можешь заблокировать, даже знаменитости, его безразличие, от того пользователя, точно знаешь, относись к людям, беспокоит и расстраивает тебя, принимай участие, личная информация, по всему миру, безопасное и ответственное использование, Интернет для всех нас, работать вместе, особенно для детей, можешь найти, подготовленные для школьников.
II. Translate into Russian:
Doesn’t always happen, online abuse, unkind message, harmful information, inappropriate tweet, can click, further tweets, can be cyberbullied, very cruel, top tips, privacy and security, social media sites, as private as possible, online technology, focus for, create a better Internet, special lessons.
III. Say if sentences are TRUE or FALSE:
- We should be polite and kind to people in real life and online.
- If you see an inappropriate tweet on Tweeter don’t take any notice.
- Even celebrities can be cyberbullied.
- Tom Daley was abused online because of his indifference towards his father’s health.
- You can post online any information you like.
- Keep your privacy and security settings as private as possible.
- Don’t tell an adult about the information online that worries or upsets you.
- Safe Internet Day started in 2014 and is organized in February every year in 74 countries.
- Each year there is a different topic such as social networking.
- There are special excursions prepared for schoolchildren on SID in Britain.
IV. Answer the questions according to the text:
- Should we be polite and kind to people online?
- What can you do if you see an inappropriate tweet on Tweeter?
- Who is Tom Daley?
- Why was Tom Daley abused online?
- What settings should you check and keep as private as possible?
- What information shouldn’t you post?
- What is SID?
- When did SID start?
- What do SID promote?
- Where can we find out about SID?
V. Match the words of the two columns to make up the word combinations used in the text and translate them into Russian:
|1. harmful||a. topic|
|2. Olimpic||b. people|
|3. home||c. phones|
|4. different||d. networking|
|5. real||e. information|
|6. help||f. campaign|
|7. mobile||g. diver|
|8. social||h. address|
|9. next||i. Internet|
|10. better||j. life|
VI. Give the equivalents from the text that mean the same:
privacy abuse polite tweet safe
post diver media campaign inappropriate
- the internet, newspapers , magazines, television, etc., considered as a group;
- behaving in a way that is socially correct and shows understanding and care for other people’s feelings;
- a planned group of especially political, business, or military activities that are intended to achieve a particular aim;
- not in danger or likely to be harmed;
- unsuitable, esp. for the particulartime, place, or situation;
- a short high sound made by a bird;
- someone’s right to keep their personal matters and relationship secret;
- to use something for the wrong purpose in a way that is harmful or morally wrong;
- publish something such as a message or picture on a website or using social media;
- a person who jumps into water as a sport, or searches for things under water using special breathing equipment.
I. Choose the right answer:
1. The conversation takes place at ….:
a) British Museum
b) Abbey Health Club
c) Royal Hospital
2. Through there is the ……..
a) swimming pool
3. On Thursday afternoon the club is closed for…..
4. They have very experienced …………..
5. They have “Yoga for……
II. TRUE or FALSE:
- The man came to Abbey Sport School.
- The club is closed on Thursday afternoons for cleaning.
- You can take classes in the garden.
- They have a yoga classes.
- There is a car park near the club.
III. Fill in the missing words
- Through there is the ___________________.
- There are lots of _______________ classes.
- You will build good ____________ and look ______________.
- And there is a _______
- You have to ___________ about _______ ________ for an hour.
IV. Answer the questions:
- Where does the conversation take place?
- When is the swimming pool closed for cleaning?
- What classes do they have in the gym?
- Who will give you all necessary instructions?
- How much do you need to pay monthly?
I. Translate the words into Russian:
Kingdom, capital, parliamentary monarchy, sights, double-decker bus, spectacular traditions, celebrate, religious rituals, life-size wax models, private detective.
II. Find pairs of antonyms to the words:
|1. strong||a. new|
|2. like||b. nowhere|
|3. everywhere||c. exclude|
|4. teenager||d. circular|
|5. consist of||e. remember|
|6. old||f. unnecessary|
|7. forget||g. separately|
|8. important||h. weak|
|9. together||i. refuse|
|10. square||j. adult|
III. Find pairs of synonyms to the words:
|1. attraction||a. unit|
|2. situate||b. people|
|3. part||c. wealthy|
|4. speak||d. locate|
|5. full||e. custom|
|6. rich||f. interest|
|7. population||g. watch|
|8. clock||h. suggest|
|9. abuse||i. complete|
|10. tradition||j. tell|
IV. Find corresponding words to definitions:
clock island tower official dish
museum parliament detective queen population
- agreed to or arranged by people in positions of authority;
- a piece of land completely surrounded by water;
- a woman who rules a country because she has been born into a royal family, or a woman who is married to a king;
- in somecountries, the group of (usually) elected politicians or other people who make the laws for their country;
- food prepared in a particular way as part of a meal;
- all the people living in a particular country, area, or place;
- a device for measuring and showing time, usually found in or on a building and not worn by a person;
- a building where objects of historical, scientific, or artistic interest are kept;
- someone whose job is to discover information about crimes and find out who is responsible for them;
- a tall,narrow structure, often square or circular, that either forms part of a building or stands alone;
V. Fill in the missing words:
- Great Britain is a country of strong ____________________for tourists.
- The ____________________ of the UK is over 65 million people.
- I want to go on a ____________________ bus.
- Great Britain is a country with old cultural ____________ and __________.
- The UK is a parliamentary _________________.
VI. Translate the words in brackets:
- I’m sure Britain is (стоит посетить).
- English life (полна) traditions as this country has (длинную и богатую) history.
- British people (соблюдают) all religious rituals of Christmas and Easter.
- Sherlock Holmes Museum (посвящен) to the world famous (частный детектив).
- Who is the (наследник) to the Great Britain throne.