Form 9 Unit 9 Lesson 7
Cheating at school: for and against
Exercise 2a p. 257 Reading
I. Make the words negative and translate them:
II. Translate into Russian:
Dislike cheating, copy a friend’s work, a good idea, get knowledge, feel bad about, cheat yourself, all through my school years, take pride in, be proud of, be caught
III. Find in the text:
Политика обмана, серьёзная неприятность, быть исключённым из школы, жульничать, чтобы получить лучшую отметку, сильно рисковать, играть честно, справиться с, не иметь проблем в школе, разочаровывать
IV. True or false?
- Cheating is different from lying.
- Copying a friend’s work is an excellent idea.
- Tank feels bad about cheating at school.
- He was caught hundreds of times.
- Cheating can get you in serious trouble.
- School teaches you things you’ll need in your future life.
- When you cheat, you don’t learn things, you learn to cheat.
- Every person must know the laws of relativity.
- School is a place for fair play.
- Pupils cheat because they can’t cope with their school work.
V. Add some more information:
- Cheating is _____.
- Copying a friend’s work is ______.
- When you cheat, ______.
- Every school has _____.
- School can help you ______.
- It is important to play ______.
- I don’t want to _______.
VI. Read the sentences with the conjunctions. What do the adverbial clauses mean?
- Copying a friend s work is never a good idea because you won’t get any knowledge.
- I’m proud of myself because out of the hundreds of times I’ve cheated, I’ve only been caught ONE time.
- If you cheat, you’ll never really learn these things, for all you’re going to learn is how to cheat!
- School is unfair to you too for most of the subjects you have to take at school, you will never need in your life.
- As my parents think I have no problems at school I don’t want to disappoint them.