Exercises to Card 7
I. Reading “CONDEMNED ROOM”
I.Find in the text English equivalents:
Просыпаться рано, написать (в ответ), никогда не подходила, найти надпись, владелец, другими словами, до тех пор пока не наведет порядок, отвратительный, рок-звёзды, беспокоиться, было возможно, грязные туфли, маленькие вещицы, ватные шарики, жевательная резинка, носовые платки, грязное белье, покинуть комнату, накрасить ногти.
II. Translate into Russian:
On cleaning my room, do a good job, on her door, the room is condemned, may not go anywhere, until the area is restored, it wasn’t fair, hardly ever, basketball stars, pointed out, to be putting away, overflowing on the floor, cool teen-movie stars, piano music, nail polish remover, a note pad, sort into piles, to throw away impossible to imagine, all week-end.
III. Say if sentences are TRUE or FALSE:
- Sam was working hard on the essay.
- Sam wanted to go to Katy’s that afternoon.
- One day Sam came from school and saw flowers at her door.
- Sam’s mother never came up to her room.
- The floor in her brother’s room was clean and his desk as well.
- Sam was allowed to go anywhere or do anything until the area restored.
- Sam had been in the room for two hours.
- There were about twenty dirty handkerchiefs on the floor.
- She sorted everything into piles.
- Sam decided to read an interesting book instead of cleaning the room.
IV. Answer the questions according to the text:
- Sam was working hard on cleaning the kitchen, wasn’t she?
- Where did she want to go that afternoon?
- Why did Sam write a note to her mum?
- What did she ask her mum in the note?
- What did Sam find on the door one day?
- What was Sam to do according to the note?
- Sam’s brother room was clean and tidy, wasn’t it?
- How long had she been in her room?
- How did Sam sort all the things?
- What did Sam decide to do instead of cleaning the room?
V.Match the words of the two columns to make up the word combinations used in the text and translate them into Russian:
|1. very||a. costumes|
|2. come||b. books|
|3. covering||c. lesson|
|4. library||d. breakfast|
|5. Halloween||e. man|
|6. rock||f. home|
|7. movie||g. hard|
|8. organization||h. every inch|
|10. before||j. stars|
VI. Give the equivalents from the text that mean the same:
|poster disgusting cotton ball umbrella get up|
|sign condemned dirty cool prisoner|
- a person who is kept in prison as a punishment;
- stand up;
- not safe for people to live;
- a notice giving information, directions or warning;
- a large printed picture, photograph that you stick or pin to a wall or board;
- extremely unpleasant or unacceptable;
- a device for protection against the rain;
- not clean;
- excellent, very good, fashionable or attractive;
- a small ball of cotton fibers used especially for cleaning the skin.
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions below.
I. Choose the right answer:
1. Tina was going to … from…..
a) London, Hong Kong
b) Paris, Moscow
c) Hong Kong, London
2. The flight was ……..
a) early in the morning
b) late at night
c) at midday
3. When Tina woke up it was.…..
a) 8 o’clock
b) 5 o’clock
c) 11 o’clock
4. Tina got to the airport by …………..
5. The plane took off at……
a) three o’clock
b) five o’clock
c) twelve o’clock
II. TRUE or FALSE:
- Tina was going to Hong Kong by train.
- She decided to spend the night before the flight in a hotel near the airport.
- Tina has missed the plane.
- There was a huge storm and the plane started bouncing around all over the place.
- The plane didn’t crash but they didn’t get to Hong Kong.
III. Fill in the missing words
- Tina got a story about a _______________.
- You know you have to get to the airport early to _________.
- The whole terminal was ________ except a huge ________ of people at the end.
- That was the _______ for Tina’s flight.
- The worst thing of all was the _______ _________ dropped down.
IV. Answer the questions:
- Where was Tina going to?
- Why was Tina late for the flight?
- What happened at the airport?
- Why was Tina scared during the flight?
- What was the worst thing of all?
Всегда пожалуйста, Татьяна)))) Продолжаю работу)))) Ждите новые билеты)))Ответить
Марина Валентиновна, спасибо огромное за полезные упражнения.