Exercises to Card 21
I. Find in the text English equivalents:
Везде, почти каждый из нас, не можем представить, хотя, хотим помочь другим, ни одна комната, по крайней мере, наряду с , в то же самое время, на моих коленях, постоянно использую, трачу много времени, имеет огромную силу, делать переводы, в их собственных странах, может поддержать бедных, даже менее.
II. Translate into Russian:
Any place, in fact, we leave the house, without them, always forget, lying around in it, electronic device, other related appliances, game console, multi-tasking, strong point, in the back ground, most likely, wireless network, online volunteering, language skills, developing and managing projects, the United Nations, recruiting volunteering, make a difference.
III. Say if sentences are TRUE or FALSE:
- Today we see technology any place we go.
- We can imagine our life without technology.
- Technology is useless and powerless when we want to help others.
- There is not a single room in the author’s house that does not have some gadget lying around in it.
- There is a table and a DVD player in his living room.
- Even when the author isn’t at home he is constantly using his phone.
- The author doesn’t waste much time on the computer.
- At work or at cafes the author connects to local wireless network on his laptop.
- We can spend our time doing online volunteering.
- Online volunteers can’t really help make a difference to those in need.
IV. Answer the questions according to the text:
- Where can we see technology?
- Can we imagine our life without technology?
- Is there a single room in the author’s house that doesn’t have some device?
- What gadget can we find in his living room?
- Is he constantly using his laptop when he isn’t at home?
- How much time does the author waste on the computer?
- What has he recently discovered?
- What do many organizations require?
- What page does the United Nations have?
- How can online volunteering help people?
V. Match the words of the two columns to make up the word combinations used in the text and translate them into Russian:
|1. piece of||a. device|
|2. help||b. volunteers|
|3.a huge||c. network|
|4. do||d. player|
|5. electronic||e. console|
|6. mobile||f. technology|
|7. online||g. phone|
|8. game||h. good|
|9. wireless||i. charities|
|10. DVD||j. page|
VI. Give the equivalents from the text that mean the same:
|game console require wireless online technology|
|powerful volunteer gadget favourite laptop|
- the methods for using scientific discoveries for practical purposes, esp. in industry;
- having a lot of power to control people and events;
- a small device or machine with a particular purpose;
- best liked or most enjoyed;
- a piece of electronic equipment for playing games on;
- a computer that is small enough to be carried around easily and is flat when closed;
- using a system of radio signals rather than wires to connect computers, mobile phones, etc. to each other;
- bought, used, etc. using the internet;
- to need something or make something necessary;
- a person who does something, especially helping other people, willingly and without being forced or paid to do it;
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions below.
I. Choose the right answer:
1.The new flat is at number ……Oxford Street.
2. There is a big ……. in the hall
3. There are ……. windows in the kitchen.
4.The shower and toilet are both……
5. The flat is £550 a ………
II.TRUE or FALSE:
- There isn’t a telephone in the flat.
- The living room is to the left of the hall.
- There is a table and four chairs in the kitchen.
- There is a bedroom in the flat.
- Carlos doesn’t like the flat.
III. Fill in the missing words:
- There is a big _______ on the wall in the _______.
- You only _____ for the ______ you make.
- We can have a ______ ______ in the evening/
- I like the big ______ where we can _____ all our ________.
- It is ________ pounds a ________ including _______.
IV. Answer the questions:
- What address is the flat located?
- What is the flat like?
- What is there in the bathroom?
- What does Ann think about the bathroom?
- How much is the flat?