Form 9. Unit 3. Lesson 2—Lexical Drills
Exercise1 — Match:
|4. fresh, frozen and dried
|6. to prevent
|7. to grow
|9. to supply
||j) new cells
Exercise 2 – Fill in the gaps with the expressions from ex.1:
- When I was young, I wanted to become ….
- You need more than … for good health.
- Prices of … have doubled since 2005.
- … is more useful than ordinary one.
- Two schools announced that they would be closed the next day in order ….
Exercise 3—Make up the sentences:
- Vitamin A, healthy, us, helps, skin, have, good, and, eye-sight.
- Vitamin C, heal, our, cells, and, grow, bodies, new, helps.
- build, Protein, muscles, iron, help, and, stronger.
- Dairy, provide, products, calcium.
- The, pyramid, little, shows, food, very, fat.
|1) 40 different nutrients
||7) to grow new cells
|2) dairy products
||8) time heals
|3) wholegrain bread
||9) to supply oxygen
|4) fresh, frozen and dried fruit
||10) iron man
|5) fat poultry
|6) to prevent infections
- When I was young, I wanted to become Iron Man.
- You need more than 40 different nutrients for good health.
- Prices of dairy products have doubled since 2005.
- Wholegrain bread is more useful than ordinary one.
- Two schools announced that they would be closed the next day in order to prevent infections.
- Vitamin A helps us have healthy skin and good eye-sight.
- Vitamin C helps our bodies heal and grow new cells.
- Protein and iron help build stronger muscles.
- Dairy products provide calcium.
- The food pyramid shows very little fat.