1. Let’s talk about Great Britain. Would you like to visit Britain?
1. Of course, I would like to visit Britain. 2. I know a lot about the country from my English lessons. 3. I know that the country is situated on the British Isles and includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. 4. The country is ruled by Queen Elizabeth II and the parliament. 5. The capital of the country is London. 6. London has the best museums in the world such as the British Museum, the National Gallery, the Tate Gallery. 7. I would like to see the famous London Eye, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. 8. I’d like to feel the atmosphere of the country and practise my English in real life situations.
2) Do you agree that Great Britain is a country of traditions? Prove your point of view.
I agree. British people have traditions in meals, housing, keeping pets and even in their hobbies.
3) What would you like to ask a British teenager about Britain?
What languages do people of Great Britain speak? What sport is popular in your country? What interesting places do you advise me to visit?
4) Give me a piece of advice on what sights to see in London.
If I were you, I would start with the London Eye. From the top of the Eye you can see the whole of the city.
5) Explain why Britain is so popular among tourists.
Britain is popular because of — its fantastic scenery, — its long and interesting history, — great traditions and holidays, — and world class festivals and events.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.