16 февраля 2020
Form 9 Unit 6 Lessons 2-3
Lexical test to lessons 2-3 Unit 6 Form 9.
Form 9 Unit 6
Vocabulary Test to Lessons 2-3
Total:30 Mark:_____I. Find Russian equivalents 2:5=0,4
II. Make phrases 4:6=0,67
III. Choose the correct word for each definition 6:7=0,86
|heatwave||injure||distruction||drought||hurricane||suffer from||lack of|
- A ________ is a period of time during which the weather is much hotter than usual.
- A ________ is a long period of time during which no rain falls.
- A _________ a violent wind which has a circular movement, especially found in the West Atlantic Ocean.
- ________ is to hurt or cause physical harm to a person or animal.
- ________ is a situation when something is not available or when there is not enough of it.
- ________ is the act of destroying.
- __________ means to experience physical or mental pain.
IV. Fill in the missing words 8:7=1,14
- The sun can ______ your skin.
- Heatwaves often _______ wildfires.
- People ________ from extreme weather events.
- A heavy fall of snow had _______ed the city’s transport system.
- Belarusian people suffered from Chernobyl ______ of 1986.
- ________ are usually formed above the warm waters of the Atlantic ocean.
- If you live near a river, you should be ready for a ______.
V. Translate into Russian. 10:5=2
- What is done in the world to save our planet from an ecological disaster?
- The impact of heatwaves was catastrophic.
- A great damage has been done to agriculture, forests, and people’s health.
- Minsk was almost completely destroyed dunning the last war.
- Many people in Africa are in danger of dying from disease due to lack of food and clean water.