1. What can you tell me about youth organizations in the UK? There are many youth organizations in the UK. They offer a wide range of activities from volunteer work to sports. The Scout Association, for example, aims at preparing young people for today and for life and is adventure, family, fun, character and leadership. Army Cadet Force is a British youth organisation which provides military, adventurous and first aid training to boys and girls aged 12 to 18. I can’t but mention the UK Youth Parliament. It consists of teenagers who represent the views of young people to authorities. The organization was founded in 1999 and now consists of 600 members. Every November they have their annual meeting in the House of Commons and debate on culture, environment, sports, education and etc. As you see, young people can bring social reform and improvement and make the life in their country better.
2. Are you a member of any youth organization? Sorry to say, but I’m not a member of any youth organization because I have no free time. But I think that youth organizations do useful work. They involve young people in different activities and teach to be active in the society.
I’m a member of the BRSM.
3. What questions would you ask your British friend about youth organizations in the UK? What is the largest youth organization in Britain? How can a person become a member of a British youth organization? What events do you organize?
4. What youth organisation would you recommend me to join if I were a British teenager? Why? If I were you, I would join Greenpeace Youth. I think the problems of the environment are very important. Young people can help to uncover global environmental problems and promote their solutions. Or I would join Army Cadet Force as I am interested in military training which is necessary for every boy.
5. Do you agree that charity can help people to make the world a better place? Yes, I agree. You don’t need to be rich or powerful to help people because charity is not only giving money. It’s volunteering. Even simple actions can make the world a better place.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.