1. What is the difference between the British and Belarusian school systems? 2. Have you decided what you will do after leaving school? 3. What questions will you ask a British teenager about their system of education? 4. Give advice to your friend on how to make school life more interesting and enjoyable. 5. People believe that we learn from our own mistakes. What do you think about it?
1. What is the difference between the British and Belarusian school systems? Great Britain and Belarus differ in their languages, traditions and culture but their educational systems have much in common. To start with, there is primary and secondary school in both countries, but in Britain school is divided into 4 Key stages. We don’t have Key stages in Belarus. Then, children in Belarus start school at the age of 6 while in Britain they do it at 5. So, school in Britain lasts from 5 to 16 or 18 while in Belarus it lasts from 6 to 15 or 17. Next, the school year in Belarus is from the 1st of September to the 31st of May and is 35 weeks long while in Britain it is from September to June and is 39 weeks long. In both countries the school year is divided into terms and vacations. In Belarus there are 4 terms and summer vacations are the longest. In Britain there are 3 or 6 terms and one, two or 6 weeks’ vacations after the terms. In Belarus pupils take exams after the 9th and the 11th forms while in Britain they take exams after each Key stage. All subjects in Belarusian schools are compulsory. In Britain there are compulsory and optional subjects. Finally, marks in Belarusian schools are given out of 10, while in Britain marks are given out of 9 (from 9 to 1, and they have U letter for ungraded).
2. Have you decided what you will do after leaving school? Yes, I have. I am going to take my entrance exams to the university and become an engineer/a programmer/a doctor/etc.
3. What questions will you ask a British teenager about their system of education? What is the difference between state and private schools? How much do private schools cost? What are boarding schools? What are compulsory and optional subjects?
4. Give advice to your friend on how to make school life more interesting and enjoyable. First of all, be positive about school. Ask for help if you have problems. Take part in different school activities. Enjoy meeting with friends.
5. People believe that we learn from our own mistakes. What do you think about it? I think it makes sense. Good decisions come from experience. And experience comes from mistakes. Other people’s mistakes can’t be your experience; you need your own.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.