Unit 3 Phrasal verbs additional exercises
Before doing the exercise learn the verbs in the box.
|eat out||eat at a restaurant|
|give up||stop doing sth you do regularly|
|join in||participate, take part|
|send off||make a player leave a game (eg, football)|
|take up||start (a hobby, sport, etc)|
|turn down||lower the volume of|
|turn up||increase the volume of|
Fill in the gaps using the correct verbs.
- When I lived in Spain, I used to *** out all the time.
- After ten minutes trying to get the answer I *** up.
- Could you *** the TV up.
- We only need one more player for this game – can you persuade your sister to *** in?
- He was *** off for swearing at the referee.
- You just have to *** on as if nothing’s happened.
- He’s *** up the post of supervisor.
- I asked him to *** down the heating.
- eat 2. gave 3.turn 4. join 5. sent 6. carry 7. given 8. turn