Unit 6 Phrasal verbs
Before doing the exercise learn the phrasal berbs in the box.
|cross out||draw a line through sth written|
|look up||try to find information in a book, etc|
|point out ||tell sb important information|
|read out||say sth out loud which you are reading|
|rip up ||tear into pieces|
|rub out||remove with a rubber|
|turn over||turn sth so the other side is towards you|
|write down||write information on a piece of paper|
Fill in the gaps using the correct verbs.
- If you think it’s wrong, *** it out and write it again.
- I’ll just *** up the train times.
- She *** out a few problems with the house that I hadn’t noticed.
- He *** out the names of all the winners.
- She *** up his letters and burned the pieces.
- It’s in pencil, so you can *** it out if you need to.
- This programme’s boring – shall I *** over to BBC?
- Did you *** down Jo’s phone number?
1 cross 2 look 3 pointed 4 read 5 ripped 6 rub 7 turn 8 write