Card 11 Listening
CARD №11—Listening—Text 23—page 94
Listen to the interview with Mr Ron Cansler taken by the Youth Magazine and do the following tasks.
I. Choose the right variant:
1.Mr Ron Cansler is …
a) a young man
b) an elderly person
c) very old
2. He was one of … children in the family.
3. When he was young, he worked …
a) in an office
b) on the farm
c) in a bank
4. Mr Cansler took after …, who died at the age of 94.
a) his father
b) his mother
c) his bitter enemy
5. His wife couldn’t stand his …
Learn the following word:
II. TRUE or FALSE. Correct the false statements:
- Mr Cansler has just celebrated his birthday.
- He is in perfect shape.
- When Mr Cansler was young, he was crazy about a healthy lifestyle.
- Mr Cansler and his family members were happy if they had enough to eat.
- All his siblings lived into an old age.
- Mr Cansler hasn’t tried drugs.
III. Fill in the missing words:
- We had no _______________ what a healthy ______________ was.
- The work on the farm was _____________, and we spent all days ___________________.
- What you can do is be as ___________ as possible and have a_________________ attitude.
IV. Answer the questions:
- When is Mr Cansler’s birthday?
- Is Mr Cansler crazy about having a healthy lifestyle?
- Did he take any exercises when he was young?
- Why did Mr Cansler try a pipe?
- Is it possible to avoid hardships even tragedies according to Mr Cansler?
Listen to the interview with Mr Ron Cansler taken by the Youth Magazine and answer the questions below.
- How old is Mr Cansler?
- What kind of life did he have when he was young?
- What does he recommend listeners to do?
V. Would you like to live to a great age (дожить до глубокой старости+ live to a ripe old age/ reach a great age/ make old bones)?