Card 19. What do you want to do in the future?
Эти ответы к билету 19 от Екатерины просто шедевр. Это большая помощь всем учащимся, так как содержатся примеры высказываний по очень многим профессиям.
Let’s talk your future career
1. What do you want to do in the future?
Сhoosing a kind of career is a hard task that all school leavers have to do. The profession a person chooses determines his future life in many ways. It takes time to choose the career that matches your interests. If you choose the wrong profession this might lead to miserable life. The properly chosen career makes a person happy and successful for the rest of his life.
Generally speaking it’s not easy for a school-leaver to decide on his future career. There are some frivolous people who enter an institute thinking whether they like the profession they had chosen or not. But occupation you want to devote your life has to bring you satisfaction. So it should be something you can do and you really want to.
As for me I’ve made my choice long ago. I decided to be a ____________ . This job matches my interests and abilities. I’m sure it will provide me with respect of others, good pay and independence, job security, meeting other people, chances of promotion, seeing the results of my work and so on.
As for me…
- I am going to be a lawyer. Lawyers don’t only punish people for different crimes but try to prevent them. They help people to find the right road in life. The lawyers protect the rights and interests of citizens and organizations.
- I’d like to be a journalist. They tell people the truth and provide them with news and true information. A journalist must be interested in many subjects and must be a well-educated person. They try to solve different problems with the help of mass media.
- I have a dream to be a doctor. This is an interesting and noble profession. I want to help people who face health problems. Doctors should be kind and attentive to people. It’s one of the most demanded professions in the world.
- I’d like to be a teacher. Teaching can be called the greatest of the arts. It’s a great responsibility to bring up children. Teachers should be well-educated and well-informed. They help their pupils to understand the world we live in.
- I have a dream to be an economist. I am good at mathematics. I have an aptitude for working with people and have good social skills. I have good analytical abilities and I am good at problem-solving.
As for me I think that…
- To be a designer is rather attractive. This profession can fit creative people who know how to make things around them look nice.
- For those young adults who choose the profession of a chemist, a mathematician or a physicist the determinant factor is not prestige but interest and inclination.
- To be a biologist is very prestigious and interesting today, because biologists are at the forefront of cloning. They are on the threshold of great discoveries.
- I think that to be a historian is also very important today. People think that it is possible to live without looking back at the historical past. But it is a mistaken view. We cannot live without history because it is around us. By analyzing the past we can avoid the mistakes in the future. If people do not use the experience of the past they will inevitably make mistake in the present. Historians have always tried to understand past human lives and societies. History helps to understand the global historical process. Historians interpret the processes of the past to explain the processes of the present and foresee the processes of the future.
- One of the most fashionable and prestigious professions of today is that of an IT operator. Today our life is entirely connected with computers. With the help of computers people can do a lot of wonderful things from controlling spaceship up to buying books and participating in virtual conferences. New programs are needed all the time to meet the increasing demands of our time. The roots of computer science lie primarily in the related fields of electrical engineering and mathematics. Electrical engineering physics and mathematics became the source of the development of computers. I have to study hard to pass my tests successfully so as to make my dream come true in future.
- As for me I want to be a physician. Physicians help people to be healthy and live a long life. They save the lives of their patients. This profession requires well-educated people. Mistakes are impossible in this profession. Physicians should be very patient and attentive with their patients. In spite of all difficulties I think this profession is very interesting and useful. I’ll do my best so as to make my dream come true in future.
- As for me I’ve got a wide range of interests. I like History, I’m interested in Literature, and I read periodicals regularly. I know something about economics and politics. I have read a lot of books about famous politicians from different countries and I’ve decided to try to explore international relationships. It may seem too ambitious but the thing is that the people of this profession should be determined, brave and hard-working. They should be good orators, understand other people and know foreign languages. But first of all they should love their Motherland and be ready to devote much of their personal time for the benefit of their country, their city or town. Now I’m going to study hard to pass my tests successfully so as to make my dream come true in future.
- I think that to be a sociologist or a psychologist is very interesting and useful. Psychologists try to help people to cope with their spiritual problems. Sociologists study the health of the society. I decided to enter the department of sociology and qualify as a sociologist. And I think it is very interesting. Sociologists are supposed to work with people, to render them real help in difficult situations.
- This year I’m leaving school. I have already decided what career to choose. I would like to be a psychologist. I want to help people to solve their problems. I want to help them to understand their inside world, to help them to be confident. I love working with people and children. I think it’s a difficult job, because one should love people, take care of them, support them.This profession is rather new and hence very interesting. Psychologists work with people from different layers of society.
I realize that my dream can come true only if I work hard. In conclusion I should say that our life in our hands. We should go and try.
2. Do you prefer to work by yourself or in a team? Why?
I can work both in a team and alone. It depends on the project to be done. I can work individually to complete my tasks on time, but I also enjoy brainstorming and cooperation with my mates. During my school years most projects required a combination of independent work and brainstorming. I really loved the results of joining my classmates’individual projects in one whole when we shared information on the same topic and learnt from each other.
3. What questions do you expect from your future employer at a job interview?
- What qualifications have you got?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you prefer to work by yourself or in a team?
- Why would you like to have this job?
- Why have you chosen this company?
4. Give me some advice on what I have to think about when choosing a job.
When you have to make a choice you should think the following
— realistically consider your abilities and make self-assessment;
— think over how and in what spheres you can apply them;
— study labour market information and reference literature;
— ask yourself the question if you like this job.
5. Some people think that an applicant should be computer literate to get a good job. What do you think about it?
I absolutely agree that nowadays it’s almost impossible to imagine any prestigious profession without such computer skills like communication, downloading, making presentations and doing lots of other necessary things on computer. Surely one of the first questions of any employer will be about your computer skills. As for me I had a good teacher of Informatics and more or less I’m ready for the questions of the type.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.