Card 12 Listening
CARD №12—Listening—Text 37—page 103
Learn the following words:
Listen to the conversation between Nancy and her mum and do the following tasks.
I. Choose the right variant:
a) is a school girl
b) studies at college
c) works as a cleaner
2. Now she is …
a) studying hard
b) on vacation
c) cleaning up her room
3. Her mum wants Nancy to …
a) make brunch
b) do the dusting
c) clean her room
4. Her parents are more concerned about pollution …
a) in her room
b) on the planet
c) in space
5. Her mum also asks her to …
a) do the ironing
b) make her bed
c) wash the dishes
II. TRUE or FALSE. Correct the false statements:
- Nancy has been home from college for 3 weeks now.
- Nancy doesn’t have to clean up her room at home.
- Her father is afraid of pneumonia.
- Big corporations are polluting our environment.
- Mum also says that since Nancy is at home she should do as her parents say.
III. Fill in the missing words:
- Father said this ____________ if the ______________ is going to start anywhere in this country, it’s going to start in your ____________.
- (Mum) But we still have that ____________________ idea about __________________________ in the morning.
IV. Answer the questions:
- Has Nancy cleaned her room yet?
- Do they have to clean up their room at college?
- How do they use the time they save according to Mum?—
- Why are big corporations so harmful to our environment?
- Did Nancy agree to clean up her room in the end?
- She likes her vacation at home, doesn’t she?
Listen to the conversation between Nancy and her mum and answer the questions below.
- What do Nancy’s parents worry about?
- Why does Nancy refuse to do household chores?
- What arguments does Mum use to make Nancy clean the room?
V. Do you agree with Nancy that household chores can spoil any vacation?