Form 11 Unit 1 Lessons 1-2
Vocabulary Test Variant 1
Match the words with the given definitions
|1. a thing that unites or links people
||a) nuclear family
|2. a family unit that includes grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, and uncles, etc. in addition to parents and children
|3. a family consisting of two parents and their children, but not including aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.
|4. to die
||d) immediate family
|5. closely connected
|6. to recognize how good someone or something is and to value him, her, or it
||f) pass away
|7. your closest relations, such as your parents, children, husband, or wife
||g) extended family
|8. a brother or sister
Fill in the missing words
- She grew up surrounded by a large _______ family.
- The mother and father form the nucleus, or center, of the ____ family.
- We really ____ all the help you gave us last weekend.
- I have four ____: three brothers and a sister.
- My ____ family consists of my son and my wife.
- I come from a really big but really _____ family.
- She’s terribly upset because her father _____ ______ last week.
- «It is important that we keep family ____ strong».
Find one word which suits all three sentences. Not all of them are your topical vocabulary.
My parents are the two most important people in the ***.
My family means the *** to me.
I could do anything in the *** for my immediate family.
I *** everything my parents have done for me.
I really *** my elder sister Nell.
What do you *** most about your family?
I don’t *** with any of my extended family.
Do you *** with your siblings?
We sometimes fall out but in general try to *** with each other.