Shopping in London
1. The text is about shopping in London. The text says that there are loads of different places to go shopping in London. When John visits London, one of the favourite things he does is shopping or window-shopping.
2. 3-й абзац.
3. Some shops are busy, exciting, trendy, and there are a lot of bargains. John likes to buy cheap clothes and cool second hand clothes there.
4. Greenwich is a world heritage site. A visit to Greenwich is relaxing. You can have a walk around markets and shops, and then take a bit of London’s history. It’s the birthplace of Henry VIII, Queen Mary and Elizabeth I, there’s also the park, the ‘Cutty Sark’, the meridian line and the old observatory there.
Script 36, p. 101
Listen to three speakers talking about losing weight and answer the questions below.
1. What does the first speaker advise to do if you want to lose weight?
2. What is the mistake many people make trying to lose weight?
3. Why is it necessary to exercise according to the third speaker?
1. The first speaker advises to throw away gas or electric cooker and throw away salt. He recommends to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and to drink as much water as possible. He advises to cut out soda and limit fruit juices, most of which are high calorie.
2. The mistake of many people is that they try to lose weight quickly. You should lose your weight gradually.
3. Its necessary to exercise to burn more that you take in.
Speaking. Leisure time.