1. Now let’s talk about food. What do people eat in Britain?
2. Do you like cooking? Why? Why not?
3. What questions can you ask a British friend about their eating habits?
4. Which cafes would you recommend to visit in your place? Why?
5. A lot of pupils refuse to have meals at school. What do you think about it?
|1. Now let’s talk about food. What do people eat in Britain?||1. Some people criticize English food. They say it’s unimaginable, boring and tasteless.
2. It is disappointing, but true, because English cooking is very simple and doesn’t need any special preparation.
3. Traditional British cuisine includes fish and chips, roast beef, steak, mash, and, probably, famous British pudding.
4. For breakfast many British people often have cereals such as cornflakes with milk, or they have toast with marmalade.
5. They drink a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of orange juice.
6. On a cold day, some people like to have porridge for breakfast.
|2. Do you like cooking? Why? Why not?||7. A. Yes, I do. My mother is a very good cook and she taught me to cook pizza, pancakes and roast chicken.7. B. In fact, I don’t like cooking. I think it’s boring. My mum does it better. I only help her in the kitchen.|
|3. What questions can you ask a British friend about their eating habits?||8. How many meals a day do you have? What do you usually have for breakfast/lunch/dinner? What’s your favourite dish? Are you fond of fast food?|
|4. Which cafes would you recommend to visit in your place? Why?||9. If I were you, I would visit Fasol in Gomel. The food there is very tasty and the service is excellent.|
|5. A lot of pupils refuse to have meals at school. What do you think about it?||10. I think a snack in the middle of a school day can do you a lot of good. Unfortunately, school meals leave much to be desired. As for me, I usually ignore the main dish in favour of a cup of tea with a roll.|
PS: По ссылке на скачивание в билете написано Il Patio. В Il Pation не ходите. И я больше никогда не пойду. )