Билет 21. Travelling and Tourism
1. Let’s talk about travelling and tourism. What role do they play in your life?
2. How do you like to travel?
3. What questions should you ask a travel agent to learn more about a tour?
4. What can you advise a person who doesn’t know where to spend his/her holiday?
5. What difficulties can you have when visiting a foreign country? Is it possible to avoid them?
|1. Let’s talk about travelling and tourism. What role do they play in your life?||1. I must admit that nowadays tourism has become very popular and turned into a prosperous business.
2. More and more people travel every year though the motivation for this is different.
3. If you want to experience a whole new environment, to see new places and meet new people, travelling is the right way.
4. Travelling on business allows people to get more information about achievements of other companies and helps them to make their own business more successful.
5. Some people travel for educational purposes, or they visit their distant relatives and friends.
6. As for me, I don’t travel much, but I hope to travel a lot in future.
|2. How do you like to travel?||7. I prefer travelling by car. Travelling by car is convenient. You don’t depend on the timetable. You are free to stop and change the direction whenever you want.|
|3. What questions should you ask a travel agent to learn more about a tour?||8. What documents do I need to carry with me when I travel? Do I need a passport or visa? What excursions do you suggest? What is the best time of year to travel to this destination?|
|4. What can you advise a person who doesn’t know where to spend his/her holiday?||9. If I were you, I would travel around my own country first and then travel abroad. There are a lot of places to visit in Belarus, such as Mir and Nesvizh castles, Belavezhskaya pushcha, Brest fortress and others.|
|5. What difficulties can you have when visiting a foreign country? Is it possible to avoid them?||10. Visiting a foreign country, people usually come in touch with culture, traditions and ways different from their own. To avoid possible difficulties one should get acquainted with this or that country beforehand and then follow the proverb “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”.|