1. What national and international youth organisations do you know? There are a lot of youth organizations in Belarus and abroad. The largest international youth organisations are Girl Guides, the Scout Association, Greenpeace Youth, 4-H, and others. They offer a wide range of activities from volunteer work to sports. The Scout Association, for example, aims at preparing young people for today and for life and is adventure, family, fun, character and leadership. The largest youth organisations in Belarus are the BRSM (the Belarusian Republican Youth Union) and the BRPO (the Belarusian Republican Pioneer Organization.) The BRSM was founded in 2002 and unites young people from 14 to 31. The organisation promotes patriotism and involves young people in useful public activities. To my mind, it’s natural for young people to unite in organisations. As a member of a youth organisation you can find new friends, get new knowledge, discuss important issues and learn new skills. As a result, young people learn to be active in the society and can make the life in their country better.
2. Are you a member of any youth organization? Sorry to say, but I’m not a member of any youth organization because I have no free time. But I think that youth organizations do useful work.
3. What questions will you ask about a new project organised by the BRSM? What kind of project is it? What’s the aim of this project? How many people are involved into it?
4. What youth organisation would you recommend young people to join? Why? I would recommend them to join the BRSM. I am sure they will find new friends and get involved in some useful public activities as members of this organisation.
5. People say that volunteering can make a great difference to our lives and the lives of others around us. What do you think about it? There’s a quote that says ‘Volunteers are not paid — not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless’. It means volunteering has a positive effect on the community. I think it’s very noble to give your time and energy to help people or wildlife around you.
Если вы нашли ошибку, пожалуйста, выделите фрагмент текста и нажмите Ctrl+Enter.